INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "do not record programs that have been recorded in the past" - problems  (Read 1854 times)

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck

I've recently decided to try TV out and have been pleasantly surprised by how well it works coming from WMC.

My problem is that I'm getting duplicate recordings for series I subscribe to.  I select "all showings" and check "do not record past programs" but that doesn't seem to do anything for me.  For me, those settings should record every episode of the series, no matter the day or time, without any duplicates. 

This is a deal breaker right now for TV since it is hugely inconvenient to run out of tuners only to discover a tuner is rerecording a show it had recorded earlier that day.

HDHomeRun Prime user.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: "do not record programs that have been recorded in the past" - problems
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 02:02:47 pm »

Does each episode of the shows that you subscribe to have an unique name or description?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 06:23:33 pm »

I have the same thing...I select don't record re-runs, and no duplicates, and some shows (White Collar for instance) will show each episode 2 times in 24 hours, and both of them get recorded, and the description is exactly the same (IE: episode info).  Duck dynasty does the same thing as well iirc.

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:12:02 pm »

Does each episode of the shows that you subscribe to have an unique name or description?

Yes

For instance, the children's show Wild Kratts airs on PBS M-F @ 6:30 am and re-airs the same episode @ 4:30 pm.  So, in my "To Be Recorded" list it plans on recording Wild Kratts - Desert Elves @ 6:30 am and then again @ 4:30 pm tomorrow.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 06:15:12 pm »

I have subscribed to a few TV shows.  So far I have not seen a problem.  For example, I subscribed to "White Collar".  Yesterday there were two showings of the same episode "No Good Deed".  When subscription was set, both showings were marked as "To be recorded", because until one was actually recorded, both were candidates for recording.  Today I checked the result, only one was recorded.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 10:36:36 am »

I now see some problems.  "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" was shown yesterday on USA Network, 11 episodes consecutively.  Later, at around 1 AM this morning, the first two episodes, "Rooftop" and "Stolen" were repeated, along with two other episodes.

Two problems:
1. Consecutive episodes are recorded as one show (so I got two recordings, one for 11 hours, another for 4 hours).  This is a known problem which I have not gotten around to it, but will soon.
2. The two repeats were recorded twice.  Not sure if this is a result of problem 1 or not.  When you guys have the problem, does it involve consecutive shows in a subscription?

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 09:17:13 am »

When you guys have the problem, does it involve consecutive shows in a subscription?

I don't think I have any subscriptions where the same episode is aired consecutively.  I do remember having issues when I tried to subscribe to The History Channel's "The Bible" and the channel was airing them in a mini-marathon one Saturday.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 07:20:23 pm »

I did not mean "the same episode consecutively", I meant "different episodes consecutively, i.e. the mini marathon".  In particular I had two "mini marathons" - one in day one, the other in day two, and a couple of episodes that appeared in the first marathon also appeared in the second marathon.

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:15:11 am »

So far over the past few days, I've noticed the problem hasn't been happening and the program is behaving as expected.  I'm not sure if it coincides with the switch to version .100 or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up