INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Right-Mouse Click" Keyboard Shortcut <--- Is there one?  (Read 6232 times)

audioqueso

• Recent member
"Right-Mouse Click" Keyboard Shortcut <--- Is there one?
« on: December 18, 2013, 07:33:18 am »

I've asked this before when MC17 was out, but the answer was an answer, it was a different solution.
I've searched for this under MC19, but the only answers I find do not emulate a right mouse click.

I'm trying to find out if there is a keyboard shortcut to emulate a "right mouse click".
Why?  Because I only use Theater View, and while playing a movie, I need to be able to select subtitles, and audio streams.

I've found that Ctrl + Shift + L toggles through audio streams, but it does not display on the screen which audio stream has just been selected.
But I still have not found a way to toggle through subtitles (I need to be able to see which one I'm selecting)

I only use a keyboard, and that keyboard does not have a Windows key nor the Application key.
It's running Windows 8.  In Windows 8, shift + F10 emulate a right mouse click.  I've tried it, and it works on every window and program, except MC19.  So even that option inapplicable.

So.. in Theater Mode, is there a shortcut key to make the same menu pop up that the right mouse click pops up?  Please advise.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Right-Mouse Click" Keyboard Shortcut <--- Is there one?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:02:11 am »

In Windows 8, shift + F10 emulate a right mouse click.  I've tried it, and it works on every window and program, except MC19.  So even that option inapplicable.
actualy shift F10 works in standard view, but not in thv and fullscreen.

:)
gab

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 09:13:05 am »

actualy shift F10 works in standard view, but not in Theater View and fullscreen.

I would also like to see a right click context sensitive menu short cut in TheaterView. And indeed, as I have said elsewhere, I would like to see more options under such a right click context sensitive menu. However I would not be at all happy if the right click context menu was bound to just any old keyboard key. This is because I use neither a keyboard nor a mouse when I am in TheaterView !! For me, whatever right click context menu short key that you choose must be one that is available on a regular Windows I/R remote control (or, as in my case, a Logitech Harmony remote)...

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

gappie

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 09:28:54 am »

I would also like to see a right click context sensitive menu short cut in TheaterView. And indeed, as I have said elsewhere, I would like to see more options under such a right click context sensitive menu. However I would not be at all happy if the right click context menu was bound to just any old keyboard key. This is because I use neither a keyboard nor a mouse when I am in TheaterView !! For me, whatever right click context menu short key that you choose must be one that is available on a regular Windows I/R remote control (or, as in my case, a Logitech Harmony remote)...

I was not disputing that. just confirming, and since the mouse behaviour got ms independend I think it is something that was overlooked (but I could be wrong). :)
to get the right click context menu in Theater View, have you tried mc19.exe /mcc 27000,93  8)

gab

ps. that will of course only work with the list styles that have a context menu. :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 09:49:59 am »

The application menu key should do it.

If you're programming your remote, this is a standard windows keyboard key (like the Windows key and Control and whatnot).  If you don't have one on your keyboard, you'll have to figure out what special character emulates it in your remote programming application, but it works fine, and is a standard keyboard key.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

audioqueso

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 02:21:51 am »

The application menu key should do it.

If you're programming your remote, this is a standard windows keyboard key (like the Windows key and Control and whatnot).  If you don't have one on your keyboard, you'll have to figure out what special character emulates it in your remote programming application, but it works fine, and is a standard keyboard key.

"I only use a keyboard, and that keyboard does not have a Windows key nor the Application key."

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 11:15:49 am »

"I only use a keyboard, and that keyboard does not have a Windows key nor the Application key."

You could use an application that creates global hotkeys.  There are a variety of options here, but here are a couple:

DisplayFusion will do it.  If you run two monitors, you should have this anyway.
AutoHotKey, of course.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 11:45:48 am »

While there may be workarounds, I always feel that the better solution is to support standard system features than try and hack a way which works specific to Media Center.

While I will probably never hit Shift+F10 in MC, it seems like something that should work.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 12:06:06 pm »

While there may be workarounds, I always feel that the better solution is to support standard system features than try and hack a way which works specific to Media Center.

I don't know what you're talking about.

MC supports the AppKey just fine (I use it on my remote).  He just doesn't have one of those on his keyboard so he has no way to press it.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 12:19:15 pm »

While I will probably never hit Shift+F10 in MC, it seems like something that should work.

Ahh, now I know what you're talking about (sorry, I didn't read his original post well at all, obviously).

I'm not sure it doesn't work.  Are you?  Now I have to boot my VM, I guess.

EDIT:  Yeah, Shift-F10 works just fine.

If it doesn't work for you, audioqueso, something is funky on your system.  It works here in MC19 without issue.  My VM is a Windows 7 x64 VM, so unless it is something specific to Parallels or Windows 8, I think it should work.  I can test it further at home if you need, but it won't be until tomorrow.

gappie

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 02:15:25 pm »

EDIT:  Yeah, Shift-F10 works just fine.

If it doesn't work for you, audioqueso, something is funky on your system.  It works here in MC19 without issue.  My VM is a Windows 7 x64 VM, so unless it is something specific to Parallels or Windows 8, I think it should work.  I can test it further at home if you need, but it won't be until tomorrow.
shift F10 does not work here either in thv or fullscreen, works in standard view though.

gab

gappie

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 02:18:35 pm »

you could also change the hotkeys for mc (see wiki) and use mc19.exe /mcc 27000,93

will work in thv for the few views that have a context menu.

gab

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 02:47:43 pm »

shift F10 does not work here either in Theater View or fullscreen, works in standard view though.

Huh.  I tested both Standard and Theater View and it worked in both.  But perhaps Parallels is doing something there (it does have some special fullscreen handling).

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 03:22:10 pm »

You're right - it does actually work for me, so I guess something else is causing the problem?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 07:33:07 pm »

I remembered to test at home, and you're right.  On my Windows 8.1 machine at home here, at least, I don't have a way to menu-command in Theater View from my keyboard either (I use an Apple aluminum keyboard and it doesn't have a menu key either, though I could easily make one if I cared).  Parallels must have been doing something oddball (maybe intercepting that keypress and manually reinterpreting it as the system App Menu key call), because it isn't working at home on a native box.

If Shift-F10 is the default (and it does work in Standard View, so...) then that should be used and obeyed in Theater View and Display View as well.

audioqueso

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 11:22:00 pm »

I am using Windows 8.1 on my HTPC.  I tried installing MC19 on my laptop (Windows 8.1).  Shift + F10 works in standard view, but not in theater view.

you could also change the hotkeys for mc (see wiki) and use mc19.exe /mcc 27000,93
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about.  I am using MC19.  What is mcc 27000,93?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 01:21:48 am »

I am using Windows 8.1 on my HTPC.  I tried installing MC19 on my laptop (Windows 8.1).  Shift + F10 works in standard view, but not in theater view.

Yeah, as I commented later, I was able to reproduce the issue on my "native" Windows machine at home:

I remembered to test at home, and you're right.  On my Windows 8.1 machine at home here, at least, I don't have a way to menu-command in Theater View from my keyboard either (I use an Apple aluminum keyboard and it doesn't have a menu key either, though I could easily make one if I cared).  Parallels must have been doing something oddball (maybe intercepting that keypress and manually reinterpreting it as the system App Menu key call), because it isn't working at home on a native box.

If Shift-F10 is the default (and it does work in Standard View, so...) then that should be used and obeyed in Theater View and Display View as well.

gappie

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 02:33:51 am »

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about.  I am using MC19.  What is mcc 27000,93?
it is possible to add your own keyboard shortcuts. though its a bit of work.
in the wiki its explained here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts
you can use commands that are defined here:  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_windows_messages

so mcc 27000,93 sends keystrokes to mediacenter, and the 93 is for menu: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MCC_KEYSTROKE

But I just made one for myself :) ....
so: when you go to the jriver folder in programs, then to data. you see folders there like default resources and default art. Add a folder called: Custom Resources

open the folder Custom Resources and place the file you find in the zip attached to this post. its a xml file with the code
Code: [Select]
<Entry Key="Ctrl;Alt;m" Command="27000" Param="93" />
after you restart mc ctrl alt m should give you the menu in Theater View, and standard view (I choose ctrl alt m because ctr alt is the same as using the altgr button just at the right side of your spacebar, so altgr m).

gab

EDIT.. not sure if I explained it clear... its a bit early for me.  :P

and you can change the keys used to something more comfortable for you, but choose wisely (I hope I did) and be sure that they are not used for something else
Pages: [1]   Go Up