INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [19.0.96] Inserting subtitles into BD/DVD folder structure  (Read 1469 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[19.0.96] Inserting subtitles into BD/DVD folder structure
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:01:36 pm »

So I use DVDFab to copy all of my DVD's and BD's to my HDD in folder structure (VIDEO_TS & BDMV/STREAM, &c.).

To begin, I am thinking about ordering this because a comparable BD release of this series does not exist here in the States, and probably won't any time soon (not enough demand, maybe). The box in question has both English and Japanese audio tracks, but unlike a hypothetical US release, it lacks English subtitles.

So, I'm thinking the best solution, if possible/feasible, would be to rip it to folder structure, and then mux the subtitles from the US DVD release into it, but I thought I'd come here to inquire as to the best way to do this, with or without MC in the copying/muxing process, before I spend ¥29,132 on this box. Please note that I do not want to rip the BD to MKV or other such format, however.

Goatshade

Re: [19.0.96] Inserting subtitles into BD/DVD folder structure
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 04:06:17 am »

Come now, I know someone has to have an idea, or at least a link to a place with instructions. :P

Goatshade

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:59:14 pm »

I hate to do this, but... bump?

chewie

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 07:28:58 am »

Hi

I would also really like an answer to this question.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 07:45:43 pm »

Sorry for the late reply (on holidays with only a cell phone).  It is easy, I rip my BD's using MC (with any dvd hd running in the background to decrpty it on the fly) then just find the correct subtitle and copy it into the structure where the index.bdmv file is.  MC will then let you select this subtitle from the list of available subs.

Now the hard. It is finding the one with the correct timing,  you want the ones created for BD and not TV rips as the subs don't show up at the correct time.
JRiver CEO Elect

Goatshade

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 04:40:00 am »

Really now? That's handy! Sweet! :D

Of course, what you said afterwards does make me worry a bit. You think it'll be okay to try apply US DVD subs to a Japanese BD release? Also, will it be problematic in the case of at least one release that has no US equivalent (for reasons that are still beyond me, the show was passed over and not licensed for release here) and for which only fansubs are available? Actually, could the fansubs work if they were made for a rip of said BD's? Moreover, will ASS/SSA subs work well enough in folder structure?
Pages: [1]   Go Up