INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD read and rip skip sensitivity  (Read 1236 times)

adnut

• Recent member
CD read and rip skip sensitivity
« on: December 20, 2013, 11:46:49 am »

I am using 19.0.67 trial download. Having a problem in JRiver with a CD skipping at the very end of first track (Andreas Vollenweider, Book of Roses), it skips last 3 seconds of the song. Rip also gives an error message (regardless of encoding), after 16 attempts to retry. I use DirectSound, used both default buffer settings and increased them also with no difference.

What puzzles me is that the same CD plays and rips fine with 3 other software on the same hardware (ITunes, Windows Media Player, and M*Monkey), and also it plays fine on 2 other CD audio players (Sony, Oppo).

I really like this software and planning to switch to it, but this is bothersome and show stopper for me, as I am not sure how resilient JRiver is for reading CDs. Is there any way to troubleshoot this, get some debug data, and might this be a known issue?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: CD read and rip skip sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 11:52:12 am »

Have you tried ripping with another program since you had the problem with MC?

adnut

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:37:14 pm »

Yes, as I mentioned it plays and rips fine (on all formats) using 3 other programs on same hardware and OS.

I am open to send this CD for diagnosis if possible. Please PM me if this is an option.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 04:30:47 pm »

Do you have Tools > Options > Audio > Track Change > Do Not Play Silence (leading and trailing) enabled?

adnut

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 05:32:03 pm »

Some relevant settings below. This seems happen only on this track. and it is not a silent part of the track. My guess there might be an issue with the track on CD, but since all other 3 software and audio players play this fine, I would like to understand what might cause this in Media Center.

Do not play silence: not enabled
Switch tracks: Gapless
Use gapless for sequential album tracks: enabled
Pre-buffering: 6 seconds
All DSP functions are off (not enabled)

adnut

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 09:39:29 pm »

Installed JRiver MC also on a laptop, and this CD works fine there in JRiver (plays and rips fine). So, I am not sure what the issue is on desktop. Uninstalled/reinstalled on desktop, still same issue.

Other CDs play and rip fine in JRiver so far, confirming this is one-off isolated issue. Still mystery... Oh well...
Pages: [1]   Go Up