INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does MC keep trying to reupload/delete a bunch of files during each sync?  (Read 1679 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen

I'm trying to get MC to sync with my Note 3. I've managed to get it to recognize the Note 3 and sync songs/playlists, but the problem is, despite the playlists I'm syncing being within the capacity of my Extsdcard on the device (all the songs, including everything else on my SD card, will still leave me with about 7 GB free at least on a 64GB card), MC keeps telling me I'm short by at least 27 GB. And when I look at the sync details list, despite not having changed anything significant in my list of playlists to sync, it shows there are over 5,000 songs still in queue to be uploaded, 4,200 songs are to be deleted on sync, and only 249 songs are on device already. That makes no sense because my playlist collection only adds up to 5,289 songs (30 GB). I have not moved the files around at all on my device, nor moved them around/changed them on my computer, yet every time I do a new sync, MC is showing all those changes. What is happening and how can I fix this?

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion

I'm afraid MC19 is unable to properly support syncing with handheld devices and Android devices in particular are problematic from my experience.
It won't be perfect, but if in Options you untick "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list", that will reduce the numbers files listed for upload that are already on the device then maybe you will avoid the false insufficient capacity error. That said there are may other syncing issues that may well frustrate and defeat you yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up