INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love the "retina" look  (Read 5701 times)

hifilowfi

Love the "retina" look
« on: December 23, 2013, 12:05:22 pm »

Just paid for my copy of JRiver for MAC.  

I have been very impressed with the flexibility of this sw and glad to support the future development.

I love the "retina" look on my macbook pro.  Hope this feature makes it out of "beta" status soon.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Love the "retina" look
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 08:09:27 pm »

Thanks!  The retina support will continue to improve and will become a regular feature as opposed to experimental at some point.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

hifilowfi

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 10:12:27 am »

That's good news.  

Retina mode works well for the most part but some of the windows do not render correctly (ex. equalizer filter window)
I have also gotten sticky file menu behavior (pull downs will not deactivate) in .100 so I switched to .088

Have had a few crashes in integer mode while configuring DSP effects on the fly on my Maverick mbpro / MF VDACII.

Floating pt. mode seems very stable.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 05:23:04 am »

Is Retina mode/view a default or is there a setting that must be activated?  If it is a setting to be activated is there any benefit to using it when your monitor is an HDTV such as the plasma I use via HDMI with my Mac Mini?
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

hifilowfi

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 11:07:49 am »

It is an experimental feature at this point.  I think it only makes sense on apple mac book pro devices with the high resolution retina displays.

One and a half

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 03:53:58 am »

Am using 19.0.119 on a retina display, long time user on Win, trying Mac. JRiver bootcamped on the same machine is awesome, razor sharp... but on OSX, looks like poop.
Where is the function to switch Retina on and off?

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 04:45:04 am »

Am using 19.0.119 on a retina display, long time user on Win, trying Mac. JRiver bootcamped on the same machine is awesome, razor sharp... but on OSX, looks like poop.
Where is the function to switch Retina on and off?
View → Size → Enable Retina Mode (or something similar) if I recall correctly.

One and a half

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 12:16:31 pm »

View → Size → Enable Retina Mode (or something similar) if I recall correctly.

Hmm, that option has vanished.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 12:27:13 pm »

View menu:

View > Size > Retina Mode (experimental)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

One and a half

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 03:33:08 am »

View menu:

View > Size > Retina Mode (experimental)

Oh, on the main toolbar not in options. It is indeed very experimental and far too alpha to be of any use. The audio options DSP page is huge, and the Menu bar on the left is so small. It hurts me eyes. Call me when it's fixed in later versions. Back to the win version for now. I found the sound a little brighter than Windows, nearly too hard on the treble. Windows has very good SQ, better balance tonally.

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 12:33:38 pm »

I just want to say that I have a non-retina display (iMac) and the retina option is still a huge improvement. It makes cover art, and the app's font display, look much better and more mac-like. Kudos and look forward to this moving out of the experimental stage!

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 08:17:50 pm »

I just want to say that I have a non-retina display (iMac) and the retina option is still a huge improvement. It makes cover art, and the app's font display, look much better and more mac-like. Kudos and look forward to this moving out of the experimental stage!

Agree, adding the retina option made a huge difference on a retina Mac. Looking forward to when I don't have to turn it on each time I start the program.

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 08:29:57 am »

Fantastic that Retina option is now preserved on restart. However, on one of my iMacs, with every restart the font size is 72, twice the 36 that I last used, and I have to change the font back every time. On another iMac, previous font size is preserved. Not sure what is different between the 2 setups to explain this.

sunfire7

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 06:31:27 pm »

Got a Retina Mac today, and I must agree that retina mode is beautiful.  Great work John
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 08:14:34 am »

Fantastic that Retina option is now preserved on restart. However, on one of my iMacs, with every restart the font size is 72, twice the 36 that I last used, and I have to change the font back every time. On another iMac, previous font size is preserved. Not sure what is different between the 2 setups to explain this.

I started playing with font size when in Retina mode and then this started happening to me as well.  I had to turn off retina mode to get it to stop.  I was then able to turn retina mode on again, I didn't mess with the fonts after that.

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 09:28:50 am »

Got a Retina Mac today, and I must agree that retina mode is beautiful.  Great work John
Thanks!  Actually it's about 99% Matt's work, but I'll take full credit for the 1%  :P
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Soundtrigued

Re: Love the "retina" look. When is Retina Feature becoming Permanent?
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 11:19:12 am »

Wanted to know when the Retina screen feature will come out of Beta/Experimental.  Also although it appears that the Mac version is no longer considered Beta, it is not as refined as the Windows version.  Is that correct or do you find it to be as stable and bug-free as the Window MC?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 11:21:57 am »

It's not experimental now.

The Mac version is a port from Windows and it will always lag the Windows version, but it isn't beta.

sunfire7

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 12:17:41 am »

A bug in retina mode: Only 3 stars instead of 5 are visible in the main playback info display....
Mac version early bird

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 07:30:16 am »

A bug in retina mode: Only 3 stars instead of 5 are visible in the main playback info display....
Are you running the latest version? (19.0.131) I think this was fixed recently.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 07:36:03 am »

This was fixed in 19.0.135, of which no Mac build exists yet. Should hopefully work properly once its available.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

sunfire7

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 03:02:42 pm »

Thx 6233638 and Hendrik.

Waiting for new mac version.

Another thing I noticed is that the "arrow" in the left of Artist and Album of detailed view is too small (not 2x retina).
Mac version early bird

pcstockton

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 03:53:59 pm »

It's not experimental now.

The Mac version is a port from Windows and it will always lag the Windows version, but it isn't beta.

Any thoughts on when it will be available for all of your skins?  Also, when will the artifacts and glitchy graphics be fixed on say, Blue Steel.

Thanks in advance!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 07:50:03 am »

Some of the skins might be updated for Retina screens.  Probably not all of them though.
Adam Thompson, JRiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up