INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scan for media only in selected folders on handheld?  (Read 895 times)

properlydeafened

Scan for media only in selected folders on handheld?
« on: December 24, 2013, 09:22:04 am »

Hello,

I'm new to JRiver and trying to figure out if there is a way to force it to only scan certain folders on my android device for supported media (for example just /music).  Right now when it scans my Nexus 5 it finds all kinds of txt files, ringtones, system sounds, etc.  I'd like to prevent JRiver from discovering those files in various other folders to make managing the music on my device easier.  Is that possible?  I can't find anything in the help or the wiki.  I see the options to configure the paths where JRiver writes synced files to on the handheld, but can't find a way to set specific paths for media discovery instead of it searching the entire device.

thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Scan for media only in selected folders on handheld?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 09:31:19 am »

It's not currently possible.

The reason it's not configurable is that there's not always a consistent folder used by programs to add media.  So if some other program filled the device using \My Music, we might not show it yet think the device was full if we only looked in \Music.

This decision made more sense with portable music players, but now that Android dominates the area (and Android has lots of other non-media files) I agree it would make a nice improvement.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

properlydeafened

Re: Scan for media only in selected folders on handheld?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 01:54:17 pm »

Thanks for the confirmation.  :)  The explanation makes sense, but it certainly would be a nice added feature to have it scan everything by default but allow you to restrict it to a specific device path as an option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up