INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost all audio  (Read 856 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Lost all audio
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:02:52 am »

Man.....just when i was getting things set up to run well in my 2nd CAPS Zuma server running MC I've lost all audio. This is in my living room area where I do most of my TV watching. I also have a CAPS Zuma server in my primary listening room/main theater which is set up for audio only at the moment (though I do want to start using it for video, too. But the difficulties I have figuring out all of the wonderful options & settings make me want to wait till I get the living room running smoothly).

Other than some playback issues with recordings (another issue) I've been able to watch recorded TV & live TV nicely for the last week or so. Yesterday everything was fine. Then this morning, I tried to watch a recorded show & NO AUDIO. Video is fine....I can select any recorded or live channel & get video.....it seems to behave properly but no audio.No audio for recorded, live TV or even music which, for music, it has been working for some time. I have no idea what happened. I just spent 90 minutes trying to figure it out. I have even restored "settings only" from a backup from Dec 27 when I was sure it was working. Still no audio. I can't think of anything I may have changed. At least purposely.

I have the server w/MC going to an Intergra DTR (something) receiver via HDMI. I tested the receiver with my bluray player and all is well. I have audio.

Any suggestions or insight will be appreciated. I'm going to get some asprin now......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lost all audio
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:23:44 am »

Check all your cables and power cycle everything.

If you still have a problem, test sound output from Windows.  More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Lost all audio
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 12:23:35 pm »

Jim....I did re-booted everything, checked my cables & THOUGHT I did all the steps found in the set-up link. Anyway, I went back to it....specifically followed the set-up instructions and magically got audio back! Not sure why and am not questioning it!

Thanks for working on a Sunday.  ;^]
Pages: [1]   Go Up