INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installed MC19, Video Property Fields Not Calc'ed  (Read 741 times)

RKM

Installed MC19, Video Property Fields Not Calc'ed
« on: December 27, 2013, 05:15:31 am »

Hello,
I'm a licensed user of MC18 and just recently went to try MC19 on my Win8 install.

The first thing I did in MC19 was to import roughly 80 new movie files, it's been awhile since I've used MC18.

75% of the movies are x264 encoded inside of MKV files.

I've used the "Get Movie & TV Info" option to scrape all of the data for the newly imported movies.  That went great, all of the movies now have their TMDB/IMDB details.

When finished importing the movies, I noticed that none of the calculated video fields are present.

Dimensions, Compression, Duration, or Bitrate are all missing.

Is it possible that a component similar to MediaInfo, did not properly install as part of the MC19 installation process?

Thank you in advance!
RKM

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Installed MC19, Video Property Fields Not Calc'ed
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:07:22 am »

You have to play any video file first, which downloads and installs the latest versions of the video decoding filters (lav and madvr), which is what that little "wait for components" thing is doing.  Then it will be able to decode the files and get the info.

For any you've already imported, you can select them, Right Click > Library Tools > Update Library from Tags to re-analyze.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up