INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After using JRIver, Mavericks needs to restart to be able to select DAC  (Read 1518 times)

Onkle

• Recent member

Hello,

Under Mavericks it seems like after using JRiver, I need to restart my Mac to be able to select my DAC (Ayre QB-9 DSD) in sound preferences or Audio Midi setup. If I don't, my DAC clearly appears in the list of available sound devices but I don't manage to select it, which is needed for some apps like iTunes or Qobuz Desktop, for instance (JRiver, meanwhile, always seems to link properly to the DAC, whether I restart the Mac or not). I don't have this problem under OSX 10.8.

Many thanks

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: After using JRIver, Mavericks needs to restart to be able to select DAC
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:59:47 pm »

As a work-around, does it work to simply power cycle the DAC?  This would be easier/quicker than rebooting the Mac.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 03:53:37 pm »

As a work-around, does it work to simply power cycle the DAC?  This would be easier/quicker than rebooting the Mac.

Actually, this particular DAC doesn't have any power switch. It just turns on when it receives a "sound" signal from the computer through the USB connection. But even after waiting for the DAC to turn off after quitting JRiver, the problem is still the same. What makes it even more puzzling is that sometimes - quite rarely however - the problem doesn't occur. I didn't manage to understand what may be the cause.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 04:05:16 pm »

Pulling the plug would power cycle it.

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 04:35:17 pm »

Power cycling it by pulling the plug as you suggested indeed makes the DAC selectable again. However, with my system, it is still easier to restart the Mac.

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 06:10:34 am »

At last : please don't spend too much time on this, as it is a very minor issue. Apart from this, everything works like a charm. I only wanted to let you know that this problem could occur in the case it might be useful to others but there's no emergency at all.

Thanks for your assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up