INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.215 Beta Available...  (Read 4175 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.215 Beta Available...
« on: February 27, 2002, 01:47:36 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.215 beta is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: Rename and Delete would not be enabled / disabled based on context in the left tree.
2. Fixed: Delete would be disabled at inappropriate times in the left tree.
3. Fixed: ID3v2 tag removal was not working.
4. Fixed: CD operations for digital playback, ripping, and track lookup were broken on Win9X systems.
5. NEW: Added Play, Append and Import menu items to Download Manager
6. Fixed: MJ would occasionally crash when file double-clicked in explorer.
7. Fixed: Sometimes "stop uploads" will not work in Music01 Server.
8. Fixed: Visualization engine would not properly flush one equation when switching to the next.
9. Changed: Enhancements to the Super Transform visualization component.
10. Fixed: MJ would not keep track of http authentication sessions.
11. Changed: Reworked file association code, should be much better.
12. Fixed: Clicking on RMP files on emusic website would not start MJ.

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
RE:MJ 8.0.215 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 04:03:23 pm »

Seems to work. I am ripping and burning again with Windows Me.
deerhunter

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2002, 04:12:51 pm »

I can't believe this has been out for 2.5 hours and no complaints. I suppose this is a good sign. I've downloaded but not yet installed. I think I'll go see what all the hubub isn't about.
That's right.
I'm cool.

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2002, 04:36:23 pm »

Here's one for ya guys..

Internal Cover Art - Copy/Paste > Missing Pictures

->mp3/id3v2/store image inside files
Open file properties on an album. Select all tracks, remove Cover Art. Save. *OK*
Reopen properties, select one track, add cover art. Save. *OK*
Reopen properties, select same track, picture shows, select copy. *OK*
Highlight remaining tracks. Select Paste. *ERROR* Image art is linked. ..\data©over art\artist - album.jpg

OR With an album that has internal cover art, open file properties, select one file, Copy. Select another file, Paste.

>>Image Location: inside files(s) -> Image is blank.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2002, 04:54:29 pm »

OK, I've got one.
All worked fine until I decided to rip a CD. Upon insertion, MJ crashed. After crashing a few more times (I'm set to start in the last place I was), I remove the CD and MJ is working. Put in the CD and click "Devices", MJ crashes. Resart computer, no change.
I go to "Options" and "CD Writer Settings" and "Detect". All appears normal. Still crash if attempt to read CD.
Error message = MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in module CDMANAGER.DLLMedia Jukebox PLUS 8.0.215

CPU: Intel Celeron 534 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 130 MB
Resource Info: System - 34 %, GDI - 73 %, User - 34 %

Internet Explorer: 5.00.2614.3500
ComCtl32.dll: 5.00.2614.3500
Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.2614.3500
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1019) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1998 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

I have downloaded WNASPI.DLL Version 4.7 but have not installed.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2002, 05:02:51 pm »

Thanks, Doof and Xstatic, for your very nice comments in the thread on bug tracking system.  A few really pleasant moments of reading for us.  Xstatic, you put it well to call Doof's post "elegant".
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

RemyJ

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2002, 05:09:53 pm »

Just discovered MJ last week and have been pretty impressed so far and taking the opportunity to test someone else's code for a change, I've been trying the 8.0 betas (8.0.215 now).  Most of the problems I've found have been fixed already but I've got a few that may be bugs or features, not sure...

When the "Playing Now" list is exhausted and you double click on a track to add to the end, you have to manually start playback by pressing "Next".  I know there is a "play now" and "play next" option but they also affect what happens if you're in the middle of the "Playing Now" list.  What I'd like is a "Add track to end and play now if playback is stopped and it would be the next track anyway" option!

When you click on an individual playlist or playlist group in the tree, you see the contents in the right pane, modified by the options at the bottom of the right pane (in playlist, in and below, etc).  When you click on "Playlist" however you get every track in the library modified by the search bar at the top which is the "Media Library" behaviour.  Seems inconsistent.  I'd expect "Playlist" to have the same behaviour as the playlists themselves.

Speaking of "Media Library"...  I liked the summary display of 7.2 when you clicked on the top level item instead of the "every track" list in 8.0.  I've got 6,000 tracks cataloged and am only half done.  The list isn't really useful to me.  Now if you could create search rules using wildcards or regular expressions...hmmmmm.

Otherwise great work!  I love the fact that I can get a plain old boring USEFUL user interface without the annoying skins and visualizations.

Remy

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2002, 05:14:15 pm »

Bugs:

1. Vis Studio window is Always On Top (no setting to disable)...so Vis Studio hides parts of other application windows when you switch to them with Vis Studio up...argh!!

2. Vis Studio's settings (right-half) cannot be navigated with the keyboard!!  What a pain...you can't tab to the next row/field (like you can in the Media File Properties screen).

3. When you minimize the Vis Studio window, where does it go?  Does it close and, thus, the minimze button should NOT be active on this dialog (since the user should use the close (X) button?

4. With the Visualization Auto-Hide Bars option turned off (ie, always show the bottom toolbar in the Vis window), MJ does not adjust the visualization rectangle area.  Thus, the bottom 15 pixels (guesstimate) of the current visualization is truncated by the Vis bottom toolbar (not too cool).

5. In CD Burning, Repeat Previous Burn is still useless.  When is this going away and the # of Copies option going to show up?

6. Album Artist field is missing from the Tree & File Settings' column choices and Sorting Add list.  You should be able to display & sort on all available fields (I think this is an oversight on the implementation of the Album Artist support in MJ80).

7. My #1 gripe about MJ80:  MJ80 updates (touches) MP3 files even if nothing in the stored ID3v1-only tag data changes...I don't want to see the last mod timestamps of my MP3s change when truly nothing has been changed.  This happens when you use the Custom, Ratings and Album Artist fields which are only stored in ID3v2 tags and I don't have v2 enabled (MJ is not adding the v2 tag...no problem there).  MJ just can't figure out that nothing in the v1 tag data has changed and thus a file update is not needed.

8. When pressing to display the Media File Properties dialog for the selected files, sometimes the MFP dialog is displayed, but has lost the focus and MJ's main window has the focus.  So, you have to grab the mouse and click on the MFP dialog to get the focus where it should be (no other way to get it back).  I've noticed this mostly when trying to edit 50 or more files and when trying to edit files located physically on a networked PC.  Appears to be a timing related issue where too much time to initialize causes MFP to lose the focus when the initialization has finished (ie, scanning the files to be edited).

9. Using Diskwriter output, if you have Continous set ON...you are hosed!!  The system response time is so bad that clicking Stop button does not respond.  Also, MJ locks up (la-la-land) eventually trying to stop it (no CPU activity...just MJ lost in la-la-land).  I still feel it is a bad idea to have the Diskwriter honor the Continous setting...no one in their right-mind would just want MJ to fill up their hard-disk and crash MJ and, possibly, their PC.  More like the user means to build a playlist that will eventually be burned to a CD...so it sounds like it does in MJ (crossfaded and all).

10. MJ still crashes occasionally when switching tracks...get the infamous 'The instruction at "0x2c63c48" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".'.  This did not happen at all for me in any betas prior to build 210.  From 210 on, this has been a recurring problem...I think 210 was when a major overhaul of something was done.  First time I've had this type of problem since the 7.0 beta days (1|PLS| years ago).  MJ just out-of-the-blue gets this error when playing a playlist it might have played 20 times already in one session...maybe MJ just gets sick of listening to the same 10 tracks over-and-over and makes a decision to die (on behalf of the user...you think?).  I've seen this with and without visualizations turned on.

11. Org Tree calls the top node 'Start' now, but View menu and the toolbar button still call it 'Home'...I think this needs to be corrected (just a wild guess, tho).

12. With the internal visualization window active and insight, but MJ not the active application...if you click on the visualization window it will not make MJ the active application.  So, you must click in some other MJ window or on the MJ taskbar icon.  Even clicking on the visualization window does not bring the visualization window to the top (still referencing internal mode).

Easyrider

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2002, 05:39:29 pm »

When ever I adjust the headings such as; Name, Genre. Vertical lines are drawn on the screen. The lines don't line up with any of the headings. The only way to remove them is using the refresh button.
My Video Card is a Matrox Mystique 220.

Auto size columns and show grid lines is OFF in setting options
Is it me?

Media Jukebox 8.0.215

CPU: Intel Pentium II 233 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 125 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2002, 05:47:35 pm »

Stumbled over a bug FIX!

Earlier I reported that on my VAIO notebook with Win2K, I couldn't get any vis window options to change.  No longer a problem.

I changed the mode from internal to window and back to internal.  After that the options could be changed.

ZRocker, see if this fixes your bug #1.  Right click on the vis window, at the bottom of the dropdown, select Options.  There's an option for 'Always On Top (windowed mode)'.

kessbroker

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2002, 06:15:59 pm »

Please help. I downloaded the new Beta hoping my ripping issues would be fixed, but I am still having problems. Whenever I press the button to Rip to MP3 (using the encoder for MJ 8), I get an illegal operation error and MJ shuts down. Does anyone else have this problem?! Is there anything I can do to fix it?  I was so happy with Media Jukebox until I registered it....  I am running on:
Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.215

CPU: AMD K6 2 500 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 318 MB, Free - 191 MB
Resource Info: System - 65 %, GDI - 75 %, User - 65 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1019) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1998 Adaptec, Inc.

kessbroker

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2002, 07:12:21 pm »

Writing the last post, made me tihnk, and I realized that it is just the button on the toolbar for ripping that makes MJ crash.  Choosing it from the menu is o.k.  So there goes that bug.  

My second question: I used to rip with music match, and it was much much faster. Is there anything I can do to make my ripping speed faster?  It also still fails to import track sometimes, which music match never did.  Any ideas?   Thanks

Darwyn

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2002, 09:11:27 pm »

Regarding CDMANAGER.DLL error on betas 8.0.214 and 8.0.215 and comments by C-8, JimH, and developers. I am running XP pro and started to get this on the 2 latest version. It is not just a Win98/me issue. Nor do I feel it has anything to do with ASPI. It appears a new version of this DLL has been made. I switched back to 8.0.203 because it is the only version I have the source to on my hardrive. Files specs are "Modified: Monday, February 11, 2002, 12:50:40 PM" and "Size: 416 KB (425,984 bytes)" Other specific information of my errors can be found in the thread for "8.0.214 available." I am going to attempt to backup this cdmanager.dll and replace the new file with it.

Darwyn

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2002, 09:43:50 pm »

* Sound is scratchy, poppy, varying in speed (like it misses a beat), when playing a audio cd using digital playback.
Using analog playback it seems ok.
Also, I have played the same cd's in other applications (windows media player & EAC) and they have both played the cd's
perfect.

* In Options, Device settings, select ASPI (when being in IDE), click OK, and then click PLAY. MJ locks up.
After reopening MJ the setting was saved in ASPI. When wanting to change the setting from ASPI to either AUTOCONFIG
or IDE, after hitting ok on that change, MJ crashes.

CD-rom drive: Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1798 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 361 MB

ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Michael Horton

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2002, 09:53:23 pm »

>>>>* Sound is scratchy, poppy, varying in speed (like it misses a beat), when playing a audio cd using digital playback.

yes, that's still true here too, but switching to analog, or from/to IDE  makes no difference. yet, if I rip the cd, the resulting files played from the HD seem fine. Doesn't happen with MM (ok, so shoot me--I installed/uninstalled to check). Do you think installing that aspi file from the adaptec link might help, or is the same one that I have installed?

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1793 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 366 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.01 (978) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1996 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.01 (978)

Darwyn

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2002, 10:28:24 pm »

Reference to CDMANAGER.DLL

Sure enough the DLL in the beta 214 and 215 is bad. "Modified: Yesterday, February 27, 2002, 1:32:56 PM" & "Size: 352 KB (360,448 bytes)" I have replaced this with the version from beta203 and the Devices selection doesn't error the program out any longer.

Darwyn

Pete

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2002, 10:59:32 pm »

When are we going to see

NEW: Find/Play Albums by cover art thumbnail views.

After all that is how I find a cd...I look at the cover...NOT the list of songs.

Pretty please....

cjdshaw

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2002, 12:32:25 am »

MJ doesn't seem to like punctuation at the with question marks in them.
I ripped "The Cranberries - Everyone Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?" with build 210 but it went into the base directory. So I tried to rename the tracks with b215 so it went in my ARTIST/ALBUM folder but it bombed out with
MJ failed to move/rename the following files
Removing the question mark fixed it.
I did the same with "R.E.M. - Out of Time" and it moved them OK, but to a directory called R.E.M and the next time I did an import, it brought them all in again.

JollyJim

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2002, 01:36:29 am »

I've just converted some files (Fleetwood Mac's Rumours - Fantastic!!) from wav to MP3VBR. No probs with the conversion but when I then displayed the album, only 3 of the tracks displayed the size. The others all had 'N/A' against them. They play ok so it's not a big deal but I'd be curious to know why........is it a bug or a feature.....

Jim

Darwyn

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2002, 02:05:25 am »

BUG:

If you select "CONVERT" function without being on the "NOW PLAYING" window Media Jukebox crashes.

Error signature:
AppName: media jukebox.exe  AppVer: 8.0.215.0  ModName: media jukebox.exe
ModVer: 8.0.215.0  Offset: 000dac22

---
Darwyn

JohnT

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2002, 04:04:57 am »

"Regarding CDMANAGER.DLL error on betas 8.0.214 and 8.0.215 ..."

This will be fixed in the next build.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

BetaMaster

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2002, 04:11:00 am »

Good work , but there is still some bugs in tv scanning and launching cd label wizard from windows xp , also it would be great if they implement skinning with compressed skin ( i.e. with no extraction to bitmaps ) like windows media player or even winamp .

JohnT

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2002, 04:17:03 am »

What's the issue with launching the cd label wizard from windows XP?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

dwex

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2002, 04:50:24 am »

JohnT - is the issue with cdmanager.dll related to ripping, burning, CD playback, or some combination thereof?

Reiterating my report from 214, which encompassed an earlier report of less severe behavior in 211. I'm wondering if this is a known issue being addressed in cdmanager.dll, and if not, if you have any suggestions on how to attempt to diagnose the current behavior, since MJ just goes away - no GPF box, no nothing...

Thanks
--dwex

-------------------
This problem playing audio CDs that I just reported against 211 earlier today is now even worse in 214 - in Mini-Me mode, if I press Play or Next/Previous, MJ8 silently goes away - no GPF box, hence no debug info. 100% repeatable. I cannot reproduce this problem in Mega-Me mode.
------------------
Trying to playback an audio CD while in mini-me mode causes MJ8 to skip through the CD tracks until it "catches" on one and starts playing there. Selecting a track in the playlist window will usually cause the same thing to happen.
This is difficult to reproduce in mega-me mode, although I've done it a couple of times. It always happens in mini-me, though.

This happens with either analog or digital CD playback. Once playback "catches" on some track, it seems to proceed through the remaining tracks without problems.

Media Jukebox 8.0.211

CPU: Intel Pentium III 750 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 209 MB

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2002, 05:03:48 am »

Darwin,

I am going to attempt to backup this cdmanager.dll and replace the new file with it.

I thought of doing that but it seems a new release tonight is imminent so I can wait to rip.
I am glad to know that it's MJ (and will be fixed) and not another glitch in my machine.

JohnT,
Thanks for quick action on the above problem. If there is to be no build tonight, could you make just the CDmanager.dll available to replace the bad one? I can wait until tonight but don't really want to wait longer. I'm selfish that way sometimes.

To whoever tweaks Interact commands:
If [q] is not used anywhere, could we use that for quotes instead of having to type out "quote"? I have a condition known as "Big-Ham-Hand-Fumble-Fingers" (or BHHFF) and find it difficult to type.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

sniper

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2002, 05:13:23 am »

Crashes when switching to next song in playlist, every other song or so.  I've only been able to test this with ogg files so far (and since no one else has mentioned it, it may be limited to oggs).  Oggs were encoded with a rc3 encoder (via Easy CD-DA Extractor), and have always played fine up until this build.

System Info:

CPU: Intel Pentium III 930 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 44 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902

Thanks

sniper

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2002, 05:16:33 am »

By the way, my playback settings are as follows:

Between Tracks: Cross-fade (aggressive)
Duration: 0.6s
Output Mode: Wave Out
Bitdepth: 16-bit

Darwyn

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2002, 05:50:34 am »

Also getting error in "media jukebox.exe" when clicking "OK" from the "Options" menu.
AppName: media jukebox.exe  AppVer: 8.0.215.0  ModName: media jukebox.exe
ModVer: 8.0.215.0  Offset: 000d9d95

Sandy

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2002, 06:15:56 am »

The following error occurs under W98se on a Dell xp166c when starting from media scheduler:

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module MSVCRT20.DLL at 017f:7fc37939.
Registers:
EAX=817b4a8c CS=017f EIP=7fc37939 EFLGS=00010216
EBX=0000c000 SS=0187 ESP=0086fba8 EBP=0086fbfc
ECX=205eb69b DS=0187 ESI=8171f2b4 FS=132f
EDX=bffc9490 ES=0187 EDI=7fc6a000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
f3 a5 8b c8 83 e1 03 f3 a4 8b 45 fc 3d 00 01 00
Stack dump:
00000000 0000040a 0000c000 00000044 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000001 00000060 0067e70c 00000040 0000d0b0

Starting MJ8 from W98se scheduler works fine but using the same event to close it causes the following error:

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module MEDIA JUKEBOX.EXE at 017f:0045c46a.
Registers:
EAX=00000001 CS=017f EIP=0045c46a EFLGS=00010216
EBX=00000000 SS=0187 ESP=0086fa10 EBP=0086fa24
ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=0164c7a0 FS=0e2f
EDX=004d88e6 ES=0187 EDI=bff55836 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
83 b9 f0 03 00 00 00 56 8d b1 f0 03 00 00 74 12
Stack dump:
004d88f1 0164c7a0 00000000 004d8872 0086fa0c 0086fa98 00520d24 0164c7a0 0164c7a0 00740160 c4b80002 00060000 bff713e2 0000017f bff74272 00017ce4

scub

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2002, 06:54:15 am »

When playing a track and trying to adjust volume I got a phyical memory dump (BSOD) in NT.  I have been using this computer for about a year and this is the 2nd time I have gotton a memory dump.  The other time was with MJ also.  The system has been, for the most part, rock solid.  The crash was in the NT kernal. Went back in and it seems fine now.

CPU: Intel Pentium III 929 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 261 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 (Build 1381)

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3314.2101
ComCtl32.dll: 5.00.3314.2100
Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.3314.2100
Shell32.dll: 4.00

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2002, 07:09:07 am »

Sometimes it seems as though MJ isn't re-setting the power-saving options. I know it disables them during fullscreen, but sometimes it doesn't seem to set them back. I could just be smoking crack, though.

MJ is still crashing when watching visualizations for a time.

Track Info still won't scroll when needed.

Sorry this is so dis-organized. I'm in a hurry.

Michael Horton

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2002, 08:04:47 am »

re the "Sound is scratchy, poppy, varying in speed (like it misses a beat), when playing a audio cd using digital playback" problem that I was having with the CD player. MJ just started doing that for me maybe 2-4 builds ago--when I started doing the "check for upgrades" from within MJ thing (prior, digital was fine). So, I uninstalled MJ and re-installed this version from scratch, and viola! the "scratchy, poppy, varying in speed (like it misses a beat)" problem is gone. in analog anyway. Digital still sounds real bad.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2002, 08:14:26 am »

MJ crashes when I click on Devices with a CD in the drive.

And I can't seem to get the moving files around in the handheld queue thing to work with my Nomad. Has this been released?

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2002, 08:32:31 am »

(thx for the feedback Jim ...btw did you ever see Blazing Saddles?)

MJ crashes now everytime I click on "Audio CD (xx)" under devices.

My device settings are back to IDE as before,but today I cannot play an audio cd at all.
Yesterday that was possible (same build) but still with the very bad sound using digital playback.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2002, 08:50:26 am »

As others have reported, 215 crashes at 'Gathering information and updating view'

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2002, 10:01:25 am »

In Windows explorer, right mouse "Play" & "Add to Playing Now" does not work anymore
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2002, 10:45:54 am »

The bug of playing the last few seconds of a song at the end of a playlist when in Direct Sound mode is back ... sort of. After an hour and a half of playback with visualizations, the end of the playlist was reached and the loop started but after 2 or three times, MJ locked up. Nothing worked. The visualization was there waiting for a sound and the "Playing Now" window said "buffering" even though there was no next song to buffer (Continuous is OFF).
CTRL/ALT/DEL yielded "Media Jukebox (not responding)". Then Windows slowly crashed. One item at a time. Had to do a power-off shutdown which made me sit through 15 minutes of Scandisk before I could restart.

Report Complete.
Ending Transmission.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

phatrabt

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2002, 10:52:12 am »

Same prob here, MJ crashes after a CD is inserted and the "Gathering information..." box comes up.  Crash occurs in CDmanager.dll.  Thanks guys!

phatrabt

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2002, 11:50:37 am »

I just selected about 1700 files in MJ Library and selected Properties.  It took a very long time (may minutes) to open the properties window, and as soon as it did, MJ exited (no error messages, just disappeared).

I re-opened MJ, selected only 30 files from the playing now screen.  Nothing was playing.  I opened properties for these 30 files, got cover art from Internet, clicked Saved.  MJ crashed.

Can I go back to about build 210?

CPU: Intel Pentium III 672 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 204 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ilmar

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2002, 12:24:02 pm »

Hi

Is it possible to reinstate the unlimited length Trackinfo page (i.e. have the vertical scroll bar back)?* If not I better get back to writing HTML** again or revert to 8.0.175 (possibly the best build ever!)***

Ilmar

* Yes a repeat request, but I am patient and understand that these things have to be dealt with in priority

** Something I am especially bad at...

*** By this I mean it did everything I wanted it to do and only crashed now and again: the features I don't use have been improved or fixed since then of course...

ZRocker

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2002, 12:28:20 pm »

Observation:

When you have MP3 ID3v2 tagging turned off completely, can't MJ know this when doing a Properties on a file or files and not perform the exhaustive search of all the selected files?  I mean, if I don't want to support ID3v2 tags at all in MJ, why search for something I don't have or support in hopes that you'll find something (which MJ won't).  Seems like in this scenerio, MJ could come up quickly because every field I want supported is in MJ's own database.  Am I missing something here or what?
Pages: [1]   Go Up