INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix  (Read 1599 times)

rknox

• Recent member
Netflix
« on: January 23, 2014, 09:11:48 pm »

Posted by: JimH

Ceton and Silicondust are both supported.  Check the TV board here.

Netflix is played via browser in MC, so multichannel sound isn't available.

Any plans to provide a more robust Netflix experience?   I confess I don't know what is going on with Netflix.  Supposedly the reason for not providing multichannel on PCs is that people using PCs didn't like the sound of 5.1 through stereo speakers - yet the more recent Netflix apps (Windows 8.1) for example provides a language (stereo or 5.1) option so that you can choose.

It is not hard to understand why the Netflix plugin in WMC is out of date, as Microsoft isn't doing anything to WMC period (a big mistake in my opinion not just because they are turning their back on their 5 million or so loyal WMC users, but also because they are losing mindshare in the digital living room / digital convergence space ... ).   JRiver, on the other hand, is actively evolving and enhancing their product - so why not bolster it with the best Netflix experience available?

Ralph

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Netflix
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:46:52 pm »

We're limited by what the Netflix API allows, and they aren't making developer support a priority.  You could do an Internet search to read more.

maintainin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:30:40 pm »

Probably one of the biggest reasons I went with Windows 8. I watch alot of Netflix and don't want it to be limited. It sucks that windows 8 doesnt support any other media center extender besides xbox 360, but I have one and will finally get some real use out of it.

AladdinSane

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:22:59 am »

Google Play All Access anywhere in the future?
Pages: [1]   Go Up