INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlists in view schemes  (Read 948 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
playlists in view schemes
« on: February 27, 2002, 11:33:52 am »

I was wondering... I have a scheme for Decade/Genre/subgenre.  
When I expand, I get something like this: 1980s/Country/list of all my subgenres.
The thing is that it doesn't show only those subgenres that are relevant; it shows them all, including empty ones. Is this the way v8 is supposed to work?

BTW...How come none of you guys have even *mentioned* the hockey game(s), eh?  My gosh, we get the play-by-play for every single football game ever played on American soil, and not one peep for Olympic Hockey
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

dragyn

RE:playlists in view schemes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 12:00:07 pm »

How are you doing subgenre?

Hockey? What's that? Next Page

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2002, 12:10:35 pm »

Didn't the guys from one of those northern states win?  The U.S. Annex?

Oh wait, we haven't opened up that front yet, have we?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

LCtheDJ

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2002, 12:30:56 pm »

I was over with some friends (in the USA) watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics when one fella mentioned that he was glad that Canada won the Gold.  After all they hadn't won any since 1952.

His statement, not mine.  I can't vouche for the accuracy of the statistics.

Anyway, congratulations to the Candadian team for a superlative performance on the ice!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2002, 01:00:52 pm »

About the playlists, that's how it works now -- it shows them all, empty or not. (mostly for speed reasons)

Maybe we can make it optional in 8.1 / 9.0....

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2002, 01:01:30 pm »

Dragyn,
Back in the old category days, I had a Category Group called Subgenre, with every possible subgenre underneath it, from instrumental-pop to bar bands and hair metal.  Basically, I used All Music Guide (AMG) to look up my artists, and put them into the appropriate subgenres.  In v8, these have all become playlists.  It's pretty good for me, and I use it all the time, especially with a scheme for Genre/subgenre, so I can listen to Country/americana, or whatever.  But with v8, I don't really need these so much, because I have typed all the subgenres in the comment field, and now I pretty much just search for the type of music I want to listen to.  It just breaks my heart to get rid of all these playlists though. Put so much work into them. I might keep them. After all, they are nifty to browse...

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2002, 01:37:34 pm »

Somebody needs to code a way that we can export our media views so that we can all capitalize on Lise's hard work. Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up