INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Names using Theater View  (Read 820 times)

TheDuke

• World Citizen
File Names using Theater View
« on: January 02, 2014, 07:25:28 am »

I have a whole heap of university lectures that I have to watch
I normally find the folder using the explorer option in theater view
The problem whilst I have re-named the files based on date, it seems that all the videos have the same name and this is what shows up in theater view.
It is impossible to tell which is which.
Can you browse by file name instead

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: File Names using Theater View
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 03:52:00 am »

You can change the caption in theater view to show the file name. You can also add the file name to the info pane.
The best solution in many cases however, is to get the correct tags from the file names, so you can use the tags in theater view instead. You find the tool in the right click menu in standard view. Get tags from filename, or something like that. This however, depends on the naming of the files. If there is a lot of variations, this will be a bit harder.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: File Names using Theater View
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 11:30:57 am »

If there is some way to detect these at import (they all come into MC from a particular part of the filesystem, for example), then add a Tag On Import rule that sets:
Field: Name
Expression: Filename(,0)

This will automatically set newly imported files to use the filename as the [Name] field instead of what MC's Carnac spits out.  I do this for things like lecture capture recordings where I have the date encoded in the filename, and I want MC to just show it the way it was.  Filename(,0) spits out the file's name without the extension.

You can also select all your existing files that need this and fix them all at once by typing:
=Filename(,0)
in the Tag Action Window.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up