INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Query re controlling SB Touch with attached USB audio files with JRiver MC  (Read 1086 times)

JeffNK

• Recent member

Hello forum members.

I have just upgraded to MC v19.

I have a Squeezebox Touch to which I have attached a USB drive containing audio files.  The Touch connects to an amp in my stereo system.

I have been trying to find the answer to the question - is it possible to control the Touch using MC from the computer on which I've installed MC so that I can play the files through my stereo system.  Or do the audio files have to be on the computer?

Any advice would be appreciated.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

Do you have a PC so that you could connect the USB drive instead of directly to the Touch?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JeffNK

• Recent member
Re:
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 01:21:49 pm »

Yes I have an old laptop I have been able to use my new laptop jriver  copy to remote control the old laptop paying the audio files on the USB through my digital amp.

However I have been trying to do the same thing connecting the USB drive directly to the Touch.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

I don't know that the Touch using the mini LMS supports DLNA, and if not, MC won't be of any use since it can't see the library (as either a local library, or a DNLA library).

If you allow a PC to control the USB disk, then both LMS and MC can import the media files.  From there, MC along with Whitebear (a superior DLNA replacement for Logitech's DLNA plug-in), can push music to the Touch.  There is also the excellent JRemote, in case you have an iPad.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JeffNK

• Recent member

Thanks MrC.  That clarifies things for me nicely.

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up