INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessing media files on a different partition  (Read 1988 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Accessing media files on a different partition
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:31:25 am »

Happy New Year to all y'all!!
I have just lucked into a relatively new computer with Windows 7 and a 320 Gig HDD. I am going to re-install Windows 7 so I can start with a pristine unit. I plan to partition the HDD favoring Linux Mint Debian spacewise, and putting Media Jukebox 8.0.400 on the Windows 7 and MC19 in the Linux Partition.

My question: Can I put the music folders (songs) into the Windows 7 partition and access them from MC 19 Media Center or do I need to put the music library in both partitions??

My music Library takes up around 50 Gigs and is about 40% ogg and 60% MP3 files.

Thanks for any advice and comments.
Harmmmoniously,
tlcmd (aka Dick)

ogs

• World Citizen
Re: Accessing media files on a different partition
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:01:47 am »

My question: Can I put the music folders (songs) into the Windows 7 partition and access them from MC 19 Media Center or do I need to put the music library in both partitions??

You should be able to mount the Windows 7 partition from Mint and use the same music folder for both installations. Your Windows partition is probably NTFS which is quite well supported in most Linux distros.
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Accessing media files on a different partition
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 03:18:10 pm »

Ogs,
Sorry to take so long to reply, but thank you for your reply to my question. I'm still trying to get MC 19 to work properly on Linux Mint Debian Edition, especially multiple genre smartlists like the old MJ8 does.

tlcmd
Pages: [1]   Go Up