INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Intensity" Field Gone  (Read 958 times)

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
"Intensity" Field Gone
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:32:37 pm »

Hi All-
Long time MC User (since v10) and have just upgraded to v19.  Love all the new features, including the new Audio Analysis and Volume Leveling (R128).

I'm concerned, however, since the old "Intensity" Field/analysis functionality has now been removed along with the new enhancements.

Like another user who posted in the Audio Analysis Thread without an answer, Intensity+BPM are some of the key Smartlists that I use.

GreggP
World Citizen

Re: NEW: Improved audio analysis and volume leveling (R128)
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2013, 01:24:39 pm »
I have a question about using the data from audio analysis to create playlists.

I have created several "mellow" smartlists based on the following parameters from the old audio analysis:

BPM <= 75 and Intensity <=2

Now that 'Intensity' is gone, all of these smartlists are empty. How do I use the new tools to create similar "mellow" playlists?

I understand that the dynamic range measures the difference between the quietest and loudest levels in a track and that if the dynamic range is small, the track is probably more intense. Tracks that have some quiet passages and some loud passages will have a large dynamic range. This doesn't really help me find "mellow" music. For example, a track of acoustic guitar played quietly will probably have a low dynamic range if there aren't any silent parts.

I think the volume or peak levels would also relate to the mellowness of a song. The volume or peak level of a mellow song should not be as large as the volume or peak level of an intense song. However, the values shown in MC19 don't look like they are absolute values. They look like corrective values. So I am not sure how I could use them in this case.

Can someone help me come up with a formula to create a "mellow" playlist?

The old functionality worked perfectly for my purpose which is exactly the same as GreggP, with the added simplicity that it allowed me to sync 1 additional "custom" field to my iTunes library so that my 'go-to' random playlists would operate properly in that environment as well.

So... any chance we can add back the old Intensity functionality/field into the newly improved awesomeness of R128 Audio Analysis?

Thanks for the consideration.

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up