INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I modify library paths to point to local drive ?  (Read 772 times)

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
How can I modify library paths to point to local drive ?
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:30:06 am »

Happy new year folks !

After extensive modifications during the holidays, I would like to modify my main library in order to point to a local drive within my JR Media Server.

Most of my media files were located on a NAS and I have now a local copy.  I would like to modify the existing paths to point to the new location.

In the existing library, the paths are pointing to \\NETWORK_DISK\Rudy\Media\...
I would like to modify the paths to D:\\Media\...

Is there any way I can do this without doing an actual copy with the copy/move tool of MC ?  (the files are already there and it is a very large copy operation...)

I had in mind something like text replacing "\\NETWORK_DISK\Rudy\" for "D:\\" in some sort of xml file.

Any way I can do this ?

Cheers !

Rudy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How can I modify library paths to point to local drive ?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:51:49 am »

If you right-click the files and go to Library Tools, you can use the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files…" tool to do this.

Make sure you select "Update database to point to new location" at the top of the window, and you can then do a Find & Replace on \\NETWORK_DISK\Rudy\ to D:\Media\

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: How can I modify library paths to point to local drive ?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 12:44:09 pm »

Thank you, I thought the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files…" tool would actually move or copy the files, but I checked again and I was not aware of that option.  This will work !

Cheers !
Pages: [1]   Go Up