INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 FLAC to MP3 conversion is not working  (Read 2788 times)

fataxeman

• Recent member
MC19 FLAC to MP3 conversion is not working
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:49:20 pm »

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post! I guess.  Bought a new used car (2010 Hyundai Genesis w/ navigation/Lexicon 17 speaker stereo, etc.).  It turns out the iPod interface leaves a lot to be desired, especially when using an old 120 gb Classic.  If anyone has any experience fighting these particular demons, please let me know. 

Finally to the point; I created my first ever JRiver playlist. I put about 10 "cds" in the Genesis playlist and attempted to convert them from FLAC format to MP3 file format with the destination being a 16gb flash drive to be used in my Hyundai.  It did not work and all the files still showed to be FLAC format.  Now I admit I did not go to the car and have the Lexicon system try to read the drive but the file format did not change.  Hey, it was cold! I read all the conversion tips again, not seeing anywhere I went wrong.  I tried it again with, predictably, the same results. 

I downloaded a free file conversion program (don't remember the name) that was supposed to be easy to use.  I couldn't even get one file/song loaded on to the program so I could not even attempt a conversion.

Finally, I had to resort to iTunes (where I have a different library with fewer songs) and finally succeeded in getting MP3 files loaded on the drive after multiple attempts.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have done several searches without finding any solution.

Thank you ALL!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC19 FLAC to MP3 conversion is not working
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 04:51:58 pm »

MC can handle all of the conversion for you.

Set the USB Drive up as a Handheld in MC (under Options > Handhelds), and configure the conversion settings.  You can restrict the file types and set it to automatically convert unsupported formats on sync.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fataxeman

• Recent member
Re: MC19 FLAC to MP3 conversion is not working
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 08:50:14 pm »

Hi.  Finally getting back to this.  I have an incoming 128 gb flash drive.  I want to create mp3 files from my JRiver library without changing my flac files.  Don't want to CONVERT them.  I've searched and found no answer.  Couldn't figure out how to post new thread either.  Sorry.  and Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up