INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just upgraded to MC19, no videos play back right, mc18 still works fine  (Read 1615 times)

tgundo2003

• Recent member

Sorry if this has been covered- in a rush to get this fixed and don't have much time to search the fourm...

I finally got around to installing MC19. When I go to play any video, DVD, Blu Ray, home movies, video playback is choppy, keeps going to black screen. On MC18 (Still installed) it works flawless. All the settings are the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Just upgraded to MC19, no videos play back right, mc18 still works fine
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:59:40 am »

Try Red October Standard.  See the thread about "Antivirus Problems" for a link to a similar problem.

And this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86201.msg590478#msg590478

tgundo2003

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 03:50:23 pm »

Already in Standard. No antivirus is installed on this machine.

*update*- If I wait long enough it seems to sync up and play. Anywhere from 5-30 seconds it seems.

Anything else?

Thanks!

mykillk

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 05:16:50 pm »

Are you playing video files off a network drive?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 06:11:32 pm »

Toggle "Hardware Acceleration" on and off in video settings.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 09:20:27 pm »

Are you playing video files off a network drive?

+1

This is important to know.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

tgundo2003

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 09:42:08 am »

All the files are on a local drive on the machine.

I will try the hardware accelleration when I hook it back up (Need to dethaw, I'm near Chicago, its -16 with a -42 windchill today, work/school is closed, most roads are impassable due to heavy drifting- though I am sure the MC team is lauging at us down here about this). Took it on a family vacation with my Epson projector on a family weekend trip to watch movies. Was a big hit. Just used MC18, that worked perfect the whole time, MC19 was still erratic.

Thanks to all for the input so far.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 09:55:28 am »

Can you describe some additional details?  This is NOT normal behavior, and something fishy is going on.

1. The settings you're using, particularly Red October mode and any special settings under Options > Audio and Options > Video.
2. Any other things dissimilar between the two installs.  Are you using them from different user accounts or anything?
3. Describe the computer hardware you're using briefly (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc).
4. Do you have an Anti-Virus application installed?  If so, does disabling it entirely make any difference?  How about uninstalling (just as a test, sometimes disabling doesn't really disable all AV behavior)?

First, make sure you are using the most recent version of MC19.  This will NOT be the one on the regular JRiver download page, but the one "pinned" to the top of this forum board (currently 19.0.102).

Anti-Virus problems can be quite noodly to figure out.  Often they can be mitigated by excluding a few essential MC processes from the "watched processes" and excluding the MC Library location from the "watched folders" from within the AntiVirus application.  If you uninstall yours, or disable it, and the problem goes away, then you know what to target.

It is even possible that you already have MC18 excluded, and that's why it is better behaved.  Or, perhaps since it is older, your AV application has special things built-in for it, that don't apply to MC19 (which is newer)?  Or, maybe there is just some difference in the way it accesses the disk that makes it more problematic with your particular AV application.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up