INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot Import Video Files  (Read 3102 times)

mcvt2k1

Cannot Import Video Files
« on: January 07, 2014, 08:59:33 am »

Hi I just recently purchased the latest mac version.  I remember installing the trial and it gave me an option if i want to play video, i did not select this option since i just wanted to play audio files at that time.  After purchasing the license, i can't seem to see the options where i can import video.  I tried uninstalling and deleting all the files for jriver/media center 19.  However, I don't get to that option where i can get to choose to play video. Please help :(

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot Import Video Files
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:10:34 am »

Sorry, video and image playback are not supported on the Mac version of Media Center.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

mcvt2k1

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 06:16:20 am »

Thanks, i must have been fiddling with my PC...

jonnyjr

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:24:57 pm »

Hi, Just installed mc19 and jremote for streaming to a oppo103, what an amazing solution but no video, which is a big reason for me. The Home page or download descriptions dont mention this. Is it something we could expect in the near future, or is it fundamentally a problem on the mac platform?

Thanks lots (hopefully!)

vathek

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:17 pm »

In the same vein, I just installed MC 19 for Mac and was disappointed to learn of the video exclusion.  However, on my Mac I have Parallels installed, running Windows XP.  If I install MC onto Parallels, can I import from iTunes on the Mac side, or would I have to actually physically import them (as opposed to just pointing)?  The problem is that I have 10,000 music files and not enuff space to have them both places . . .

shAf

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 06:43:59 am »

Hi, Just installed mc19 and jremote for streaming to a oppo103, what an amazing solution but no video, which is a big reason for me. The Home page or download descriptions dont mention this. Is it something we could expect in the near future, or is it fundamentally a problem on the mac platform?

I just realized this myself after wanting to take my MBA and some movies with us on our road trip.  It certainly is a glaring difference between the PC version and the Mac version, relative to the Mac version costing us the same.  With all due respect, I don't imagine JRiver needs to be reminded that the music-only version of MC ("Jukebox") is free!   ?
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 11:28:31 pm »

With all due respect, I don't imagine JRiver needs to be reminded that the music-only version of MC ("Jukebox") is free!   ?

The free Media Jukebox application has been discontinued for quite some time.  The most recent version was released in 2010.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

shAf

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 05:22:32 am »

The free Media Jukebox application has been discontinued for quite some time.  The most recent version was released in 2010.
Again, with all due respect to the quality of the Windows version of MC, the development may have stopped for Jukebox, but it is still available for free ...
http://www.jriver.com/mj/
... And it also include the ability to RIP CDs. 

Again ... my rant is more about what we're asked to pay for the Mac version (... although, to compete with iTunes, I do suspect Apple makes it more difficult to develop)

:P
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

jazzyguy

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 01:38:21 pm »

Sorry, video and image playback are not supported on the Mac version of Media Center.
Hi, I am a newbie here.  I wonder if JRiver is planning to give us Mac owners Video. I really want it. I just purchased Media 19 but I am a little disappointed that there is no video or images as there is on the PCs. I would never buy a PC and have been with the Macs ever since I was into computers.(2000)

jazzyguy

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 06:35:38 pm »

Again, with all due respect to the quality of the Windows version of MC, the development may have stopped for Jukebox, but it is still available for free ...
http://www.jriver.com/mj/
... And it also include the ability to RIP CDs.  

Again ... my rant is more about what we're asked to pay for the Mac version (... although, to compete with iTunes, I do suspect Apple makes it more difficult to develop)

:P
As you can see from my post earlier I agree with you but Apple doesn't discourage Developers from putting their applications in competition with iTunes. There are plenty of audio apps.Decibel,Cog,Max,Clementine to name a few.I agree with the view that we are paying as Mac users a lot of cash for this app but we are not getting the full benefits of this app as are the Windows users. I would certainly pay more for a full working application that the Windows users have. It is nice to have "half a loaf" but my appetite is not sated by "half a loaf".I want the full meal.BTW I have Foo Bar in my iMac Snow Leopard iMacs(courtesy of WINE and WINE BOTTLER) which I did not enunciate.That as well as Clementine and Cog as well as Max is free (as in Beer) but also only plays Audio files not Video Files. I refuse to put Boot Camp or Parallels on my Macs just to get the same benefits as Windows users. We are First Class citizens not inferior to Windows users. There must be a way to get us the full benefits of this great app.
Pages: [1]   Go Up