INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black screen during playback  (Read 2067 times)

awerna

• Recent member
Black screen during playback
« on: January 07, 2014, 11:14:16 am »

Hi,

I use MC since MC17 and I think it's the best out there. Period.

Now with MC19 I have an issue I can't solve myself. During playback movies or shows or BR I always have a black screen. The movie plays as always with audio but as I said I am not able to get the picture.

I run Win 8.1 with I7 on a Vaio Laptop, Video Renderer is Red October as suggested with Hardware Acc. and Video Clock boxes checked. Unchecking doesn't help. I always run the newest version available. Streaming from QNap NAS.
I never had these kind of problems before and didn't change my settings so I am kind of lost here...

Just to mention it, all my movies play fine in VLC. 

Thanks, Andy
Windows 8.1 i7 Machine, MC19, RME HDSP 9632, Alesis Analog/Optical with Genelec 1031 A and SVS 1000 Subwoofer at office.
Sony Vaio Notebook with 8.1, MC19, Pioneer AV/Receiver and large Klipsch THX System and a Sonos System

awerna

• Recent member
Re: Black screen during playback
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:42:58 am »

No one ? I'm really stuck...
Windows 8.1 i7 Machine, MC19, RME HDSP 9632, Alesis Analog/Optical with Genelec 1031 A and SVS 1000 Subwoofer at office.
Sony Vaio Notebook with 8.1, MC19, Pioneer AV/Receiver and large Klipsch THX System and a Sonos System

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 05:19:14 am »

sorry can't help with video settings but a little bump never hurts --

might be some of your settings have been changed as lots of options have been moved around or renamed.  One thing you could try if you haven't already.

Go from version 17 and upgrade to the last version of 18. THEN upgrade to 19.  I do know that some feature setting do not port over from older version directly to version 19.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 08:58:16 am »

Hi,

I use MC since MC17 and I think it's the best out there. Period.

Now with MC19 I have an issue I can't solve myself. During playback movies or shows or BR I always have a black screen. The movie plays as always with audio but as I said I am not able to get the picture.

I run Win 8.1 with I7 on a Vaio Laptop, Video Renderer is Red October as suggested with Hardware Acc. and Video Clock boxes checked. Unchecking doesn't help. I always run the newest version available. Streaming from QNap NAS.
I never had these kind of problems before and didn't change my settings so I am kind of lost here...

Just to mention it, all my movies play fine in VLC. 

Thanks, Andy

I had a similar problem once where MadVR wouldn't initialize correctly, and I'd get a black screen everytime I tried to use MadVR.  What fixed it for me (weirdly enough) was making a new zone.  I have no idea why that resolved it for me, but it might be worth a try. 

Otherwise, it might be worth looking through your MadVr settings to see if anything might've gotten changed by mistake?  Does Red October Standard work correctly?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 09:15:26 am »

This type of problem is usually a driver problem.

awerna

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 01:05:47 pm »

This type of problem is usually a driver problem.

So what do I need to do please?
Pages: [1]   Go Up