INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebGizmo gives a 404 error even on localhost with firewall disabled [Solved]  (Read 2041 times)

Iostream

I have just purchased and installed the latest MediaCenter on Win 7 64bit and when setting things up I enabled the network server. The gizmo android client works fine, but webgizmo gives a 404. I checked the appearance folder and there is a Default folder inside containing pages, but "Open with a web browser" gives me a 404, and connecting from another computer on my network also gives a 404.  Any idea what the issue might be? I would assume not firewall considering the gizmo app works, and I still get a 404 if I disable the firewall.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Web Gizmo 404
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »

try your router -- it might be blocking required ports

Iostream

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 12:27:23 pm »

try your router -- it might be blocking required ports

Not from localhost or another box inside the network.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 04:45:13 am »

Not from localhost or another box inside the network.
sorry, I'm not following you. Are you running wifi without an internet connection? or are you talking about external web connections ?

If you have an internet connection, most of the problems are either linked to an av and its firewall or a router/ISP box -- so first you just shut down temporarily your av to see if that is the problem; then you check by going into your router interface and making sure that at the very least, on a LAN network that port 52199 is not being blocked.

Iostream

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 07:47:24 am »

sorry, I'm not following you. Are you running wifi without an internet connection? or are you talking about external web connections ?

If you have an internet connection, most of the problems are either linked to an av and its firewall or a router/ISP box -- so first you just shut down temporarily your av to see if that is the problem; then you check by going into your router interface and making sure that at the very least, on a LAN network that port 52199 is not being blocked.

Internet and router work fine. The "Gizmo" app on android works fine. Webgizmo (http://localhost:52199/Gizmo) gives a 404 error, page not found. Also get the same error going to http://<localipaddress>:52199/Gizmo from another machine on my internal network.  The router is not involved in either situation there, and I get the same error with the Windows firewall turned off which takes that out of the picture.  Basically the problem is not network related at all, but somehow a problem with the application.

Iostream

Okay, a bit odd, but I got things working. I noticed if I took off the /Gizmo/ from the URL, things worked. I could see the Library server page, and get links to Webremote, Gizmo, etc. All of them except for Gizmo worked fine. I ended up copying the "Default" directory to another directory and selecting that as my skins in options and suddenly everything worked. Not sure if it was something wrong with the default install, or what, but it is working now.

gcharma

• Recent member

Okay, a bit odd, but I got things working. I noticed if I took off the /Gizmo/ from the URL, things worked. I could see the Library server page, and get links to Webremote, Gizmo, etc. All of them except for Gizmo worked fine. I ended up copying the "Default" directory to another directory and selecting that as my skins in options and suddenly everything worked. Not sure if it was something wrong with the default install, or what, but it is working now.

Agreed with IOStream... ran into the same issue. In my case, running 19.0.117; tried a un/reinstall and a bunch of mucking about until I finally figured out what the previous poster meant. To add some detail:

1. Browse to your J River install, then Data/Library Server/Gizmo/Default.
2. Copy all these files to your clipboard.
3. Move up one directory level (Data/Library Server/Gizmo) and create a new folder (I called mine "Main"; shouldn't matter).
4. Paste the files you copied in step 2 to the new folder you created
5. In J River Media Center, under Tools > Options > Media Network > WebGizmo, change the Appearance to the folder you created in step 3.
6. Restart your computer. You might be able to get away with just restarting J River's Media Server, but nothing seemed to fix things until I rebooted.

Obviously something's up with the install or app if this workaround is required, but this isn't too painful at least.
Pages: [1]   Go Up