INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac keyboard functionality  (Read 1563 times)

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
Mac keyboard functionality
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:41:36 pm »

Hi I'm wondering if this version will get Mac's keyboard functionality, i.e. when pressing enter the title box that the cursor was highlighting can then be renamed?  In Finder you can see this first hand where you select a file or folder and then press enter. 

Thanks for the consideration.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mac keyboard functionality
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:56:46 am »

In Media Center (and iTunes), pressing "enter" when you have a file selected starts playback of the file.  Is this what you are referring to?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:48:02 am »

Hi JohnT, thanks for the reply!

I did not know that pressing enter mirrored iTunes.  I don't mind if that remains, but would like to be able to change it on my end if possible. 

What I was specifically referring to was more along the lines of helping users get that uniformed Mac "feel" and "look."  Most if not all Mac apps have the preferences set under the app name in the menu bar and can view it by pressing "⌘,".  Additionally, users can change most menu commands if they go to System Preferences and open "Shortcuts" under the Keyboard preference pane. 

Right now I can't change any of that though, even though I tried.  And hence my post here. 

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:03:31 am »

Thanks.  I'll add it to the list of possible future enhancements.  To be honest, it's kind of long list at this point  :-\
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up