INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What conditions are supported by the custom video mode?  (Read 1468 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
What conditions are supported by the custom video mode?
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:24:36 am »

I have searched but can't see an answer to this to anyway apart from the generic description of the expression language.

I think I need to use the custom video mode to refine some settings to get acceptable performance for certain videos but I don't know what conditions can be applied. Is there a complete list somewhere?

Thanks
Matt

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: What conditions are supported by the custom video mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 05:47:16 am »

does anyone have any info on this?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 06:27:20 am »

Have you selected Custom and then clicked on the "Custom video mode settings" to my knowledge
all possible settings are already there via drop down selections.

select "start with the following settings"
then click add and the bottom drop downs will populate with the available options

there is a snippet at the bottom with a description of what to do for condition.

I use standard Red October HQ so I don't know if you could enter things like bitrate(>30000)or not
Sean

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 06:32:50 am »

Have you selected Custom and then clicked on the "Custom video mode settings" to my knowledge
all possible settings are already there via drop down selections.

select "start with the following settings"
then click add and the bottom drop downs will populate with the available options

there is a snippet at the bottom with a description of what to do for condition.

I use standard Red October HQ so I don't know if you could enter things like bitrate(>30000)or not
AIUI that gives you the settings you can tweak but it doesn't give you the conditions upon which you can trigger those settings to be applied, the latter is what I'm after.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 06:46:44 am »

What are some of the specifics or what makes the files you want/need to use altered settings for unique.
For example you need to use Red October standard with high bit rate blu rays that use the VC-1 codec.

I am not sure what all is in this post about MadVR settings but there may be something helpful.
Sean

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 07:08:31 am »

the specific issue I have atm is that I have a small no of discs for which hardware acceleration fails hard. I don't want to turn off hardware support completely though.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 02:40:27 pm »

the specific issue I have atm is that I have a small no of discs for which hardware acceleration fails hard. I don't want to turn off hardware support completely though.

No offensee but that info doesn't really help to come up with a solution some details are needed, help us help you.
Are the *discs* physical optical discs or rips of DVD/BR. (physical played from local drive, physical played from network changer, rip TS Folder, rip MKV container)
Fails hard? (Crash, error message, log entry)

I assume they play fine when you turn off hardware acceleration am I correct in my assumption?
Sean

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 05:01:05 pm »

Sorry. A bit more detail;

- they are BDs ripped by jriver/anydvd to a network share and played back from there. The same thing happens when using the disc(s) for playback.
- fails hard = ugly macroblocking type errors which I believe are not uncommon to hardware error handling
- they do playback without issue with hardware acceleration off
Pages: [1]   Go Up