INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scan For Channels Cable STB Stopped Working  (Read 2589 times)

Welchga

• Recent member
Scan For Channels Cable STB Stopped Working
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:56:54 pm »

My TV card and set top box have been working fine for a long time.  All of the sudden the Watch TV function stopped working.  I reloaded MC 19 to fix several problems.  Some were fixed!  The TV Card and options are recognized.  Scan for channels will not complete because the Analog Channel To Receive STB Signal no longer shows channel 3 or anything else for that matter.  I have the device at the top of the list and have went through the configuration options.  During configuration channel 3 shows up as locked.  I don't know if that makes a difference?  Can anyone help me with this problem.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Scan For Channels Cable STB Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:06:21 am »

The problem is confirmed.  Thanks for reporting it.

Some previous changes caused more controls to be placed on the wizard page than before.  That forced the options further down, and out of the window, so the options are not seen.

I will fix this today and a new build be out in a few days.  In the mean time, there is a work around:

Temporarily change MC's font to a small value.  The option is at Tools > Options > Tree & View > Select font...

Set the font to 6 (note that the drop down list may only list as low as 8, but you can type 6 in the box).  Also note that this may depend on your screen resolution, so you may need to experiment with different font sizes to bring out the options.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Welchga

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 12:41:29 pm »

Thank you very much for your quick response!  I now see what you are describing as the problem.  I changed the font size to 6 and the same problem still appears.  I will work with different fonts and resolutions or wait for your new build.  Thank you so much!

Welchga

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:32:13 pm »

Good Morning!  I am still having the same problem when trying to scan for channels.  Tried different screen resolutions and fonts.  Don't know what caused this.  Everything was working fine.  It does appear to be a screen Problem.  When is the next build being released?  Using Microsoft Media Center for now.  Thanks for your help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 12:04:06 am »

Build 19.0.111 is available on MC19 board:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87120.0

Welchga

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 01:20:52 am »

Still no luck.  Both fields now appear without changing default font.  Channel list is blank and a small dark line appears at the bottom of the field.  Almost looks like there should be a drop down list.  Checked option to automatically fill channel field if available.  Scanned channels again in the TV Tuner configuration.  Channel 3 still says locked.  Channel 3 is the channel I need.  Is there a registry entry for this item?  Thanks for all your Help!

Greg...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 08:31:00 am »

Sorry about the trouble. 

Please look into TV Options and choose the analog device and click Configure... button.  Is the Tuner Type set correctly (Cable or Antenna)?

Did you do a scan of analog channels on the device?  

And you are able to play channel 3?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 01:14:26 pm »

OK.  I found the problem.  There is indeed a bug in the program.

Please try this modified DLL.

To use it, download and unzip it.  Then copy the file JRTelevision.dll into the MC19 installation folder.

Welchga

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 05:01:54 pm »

Tried the DLL fix.  All works well except channel 3 and 4 do not show up.  Tried running scan again and loaded channels still no picture.  Something strange did occur when I started Microsoft Media Center the picture in JRiver showed up.  The aspect ratio was strange.  Tried another time and nothing happened.  Could of been a service that wasn't started.  Not sure?  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  Thanks for all your help!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 05:13:23 pm »

For channel 3 or 4 to appear automatically, if you do not already have either channel in your library, you need to install the latest build, which is now available on MC19 board (build 19.0.114).

After installing 114, run STB scan again, and let me know what happens.  You should end up having both Cable 3 and Cable 4 channels.  You can try playing Cable 3 channel directly.  When doing so, you should get whichever program is showing on your STB.

Welchga

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 12:02:01 am »

Great job!  All is working fine now.  Glad to have my JRiver TV back full time.  Thank you for your quick response.  I know how busy things are!  Keep the media playing!  Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 08:08:31 am »

It's good to know that it works again.  Sorry for the trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up