INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable all iPod detection  (Read 2667 times)

StoneFX

Disable all iPod detection
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:41:51 am »

Hi guys,

Is there anyway to disable all iPod detection? I have an iPod Nano I want to stop getting the "Your iPod could not be properly identified". I don't use MC for syncing anyways. I turned off iPhone support but the message still keeps popping up.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Disable all iPod detection
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 04:57:17 am »

Have you tried Options=>Handhelds?

Also I think you can un-click iphone in Options>General>Features (believe it works for ipods too, not positive)

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:04:01 am »

There is nothing that can be done in Options > Handhelds. Since the device is never correctly detected, there is no device in there to disable detection on. And the General > Features >  iPhone Support checkbox makes no difference.

I would also love a way to disable detection attempts. It's pretty annoying, since the pop-up appears not just when my Nano is plugged in, but any time it syncs with iTunes. (Also, the pop-up's advice to "Please check for an updated version of Media Center" is a bit mean.)

theouimettes

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 10:51:33 am »

Hello,

Did you ever obtain a solution to the problem? And if so was there a solution that did not require disabling the ipod. The message:your "ipod could not be properly identified" pops up even when the ipod is not connected. The pop up info box also impedes my ability to rip tracks,burn,etc. Thank you, Michael

nairn62

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 05:51:22 pm »

Hi,

as I don't use the portable devices and i get that annoying popup box, I just went into the Plugins folder and renamed hh_portable.dll to
Xhh_portable.dll. Seems to stop that popup box from coming up now.

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 09:50:37 pm »

Wow, I only just noticed this reply. Works great. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up