INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless playback on M1 CLiC  (Read 3217 times)

gypsykirk

• Recent member
Gapless playback on M1 CLiC
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »

I currently have JRiver, version 16.0.181 (windows PC). I also have an M1clic (MF renderer) and my music ripped and stored on a readynas duo (WAV). After a lot of guttering about, I have decided to use J.river as my media server, to play my WAV files streamed to my M1 clic. All at first appeared to be good (and working much better than the countless other server options I've experimented with so far), however, no matter what i do, I can't get the clic to play gapless albums. Will upgrading JRiver allow me to do this or does the clic simply not support it? (it says it does). I am under the impression I will have to pay to upgrade JRiver and don't see the point if it isn't going to solve my predicament, however if it indeed will allow me to play gapless by upgrading then i shall do so. (kinda wishing I'd just got a caps topanga and an async dac tbh!).
Any help would be greatly received.
Cheers.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gapless playback on M1 CLiC
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 02:48:48 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Gapless isn't support by most DLNA / UPnP devices.  A few do support it.  You could check with the manufacturer.

gypsykirk

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 03:06:34 pm »

Hi thanks for your reply. I'll need to have a look at my settings and make sure i get an email notification when someone responds in the future.

Upon further experimentation, I have discovered that the only way i can get the gapless playback is if i use the MF iphone remote app. Neither Gizmo nor plugplayer seem to provide the gapless playback....Weird!

I am again a little reluctant to purchase the j remote if it will only work the same way that gizmo seems to be. The problem with the MF app is it's terribly slow!! It takes a while to load up my library, which is large to be fair, but the other apps are definitely considerably quicker and it's poor in terms of artwork etc.

There's gotta be a way.

gypsykirk

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:15:15 am »

Just tried bubbleUPNP as i read that it supports gapless. Very nice interface and immediately liked it. I thought, this could be it! ....However, it doesn't seem to support WAV! Every control point has it's limitations it would seem.

The MF app is horrendously slow!! I can't live with it.

Anyone any experience with J.Remote and MF CLiC?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 07:37:36 am »

Please read some of the other topics on gapless and DLNA here.   Search for AndrewFG's posts.

You might get gapless in one mode, but not in the other (push vs. pull).

gypsykirk

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 04:36:40 pm »

So I have downloaded JRiver 19 and J.Remote and so far so good! I now have gapless playback and a wonderful remote, however I've noticed that when i pause a track with JRemote, upon re-starting the track, it reverts back to the beginning of the track(not the worst of my problems so far and i could probably live with it, even if a little annoying). The MF app is a little faster now but still nowhere near as good as JRemote, it does however pause the track properly. The only other thing I'm finding is that tracks are being randomly repeated using J.Remote. I'm not sure if maybe I'm doing something wrong, possibly?
Pages: [1]   Go Up