INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View issue between computer sleeps  (Read 1087 times)

polemides

• Recent member
Theater View issue between computer sleeps
« on: December 10, 2013, 05:25:12 pm »

I did a search but couldn't find anyone else having this problem:

Recently (two or three builds ago) my theater view started reverting to the default roller layout instead of my custom one when I wake the computer up from sleep (it gets woken up via USB from my Logitech Harmony and a Rosewill IR receiver). 

I'm guessing it's a library/NIC/network issue between sleeps.  The library is located on my Synology NAS, not on the local computer.  It's a gigabit end-to-end network through a Netgear router and expansion switch.  Never had any problems before this.  Doing a library restore fixes it...until the next day.  To make things more complicated it doesn't do it every single power on...

Any ideas?

encoderboy

Re: Theater View issue between computer sleeps
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:52:02 am »

I just came here searching for a similar problem I'm hitting, and your problem sounds very similar to mine.

Any changes I make in options / theater mode to the menus seem to be lost when I restart MC.  On restart, the menu setup in options / theater mode resets to default.  I haven't noticed sleep / wakeup doing the same thing, but that's only because I keep restarting MC to see if the changes are being kept (and inevitably, they're not :( ).  Other options in the theater mode page (e.g. disable screensaver tickbox) saves as it should.

Weirdly, this is happening on my newly built HTPC (which connects over LAN to my main library).  On my main library system, the theater view menus are saving as they should.

Does anyone have any ideas?

(edit: with more info)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 07:20:05 am »

Are you using 19.0.108?  It's at the top of the MC19 board.

encoderboy

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 07:24:48 am »

Yep, that's the version I have running on the machine with the problem.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 07:38:34 am »

If you run against another copy of MC in Library Server mode, then any changes to the theater view setup needs to be done on the server, the client cannot sync its changes back to the server currently.
So when you restart MC, it loads a fresh copy from the server, and your changes are gone.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

encoderboy

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 07:42:21 am »

Ahhhh!  Thank you, Hendrik (and everyone else for replies).

I hadn't realized this was inherited from the server.  Just made changes on the server, and they are, correctly, being propagated to the client.

Thanks very much, all :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up