INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I manually enter XMLTV identifier - and where can I find the ID number?  (Read 7301 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a couple of new ATSC channels (over the air tuner) and I can not get the guide data to display. I use the recommended "download EPG data" setting for guide info.
Channel 50-1 is WDTO (in central FL). It is psychical channel 28.1, display channel 50-1, major channel 50, minor channel 1.
Everything in the "Edit Channel List" display window is correct (auto entered by MC) except the XMLTV identifier is blank.

Is there a place I can look up this identifier number? Mine other entry's are something like "I60.218985234.microsoft.com"

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Run EPG loading manually.  There is a step in which you can make channel to xmltv ID matching.  You need to search the drop down list manually to find the ID, looking for names that contain "WDTO".

P. S. I just tried it.  WDTO-LD appears in entry 23.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

Thanks for your help. That took care of channel 50-1 (WDTO). I think I am starting to understand how this works.

Along the same lines - I have two other channels that did not auto match.
Channel 56-1 called "ION"  and 56-3 called "IONLife".  I had to Google "ION" to find out that the stations are owned by "WOPX" for Orlando.

Then I went back to manually configure the guide and my choices in the drop down box are WPOX-DT, WPOX-DT2, WPOX-DT3, WPOX-DT4, etc. I choose WPOX-DT for 56-1 and WPOX-DT3 for 56-3 but I'm  just guessing.
I only have two channels (ION  and IONLife) so how do I know which one it is (the DT, DT2, DT3, DT4)?
is it trial and error?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Thanks for your help. That took care of channel 50-1 (WDTO). I think I am starting to understand how this works.

Along the same lines - I have two other channels that did not auto match.
Channel 56-1 called "ION"  and 56-3 called "IONLife".  I had to Google "ION" to find out that the stations are owned by "WOPX" for Orlando.

Then I went back to manually configure the guide and my choices in the drop down box are WPOX-DT, WPOX-DT2, WPOX-DT3, WPOX-DT4, etc. I choose WPOX-DT for 56-1 and WPOX-DT3 for 56-3 but I'm  just guessing.
I only have two channels (ION  and IONLife) so how do I know which one it is (the DT, DT2, DT3, DT4)?
is it trial and error?

ION and associated programs often do not match well because in each city the TV station is different (having different call sign), yet the channels are always called ION etc.  In Chicago, ION is on WCPX.  Worse yet, the xmltv ID names for the 6 programs on the station are called: 92 WCPX-DT, 93 WCPX-DT, 94 WCPX-DT, 95 WCPX-DT4, 96 WCPX-DT, 97 WCPX-DT6 (only two of the 6 have trailing numbers, someone must have made a blunder! ).  There seems to be no way of making sure other than trial and error.  For example I guessed that the 6 IDs come in order, so I assigned them to my 38-1 ION, 38-2 qubo, 38-3 IONLife, etc. 

After you make such educated guess, try playing the channels and see if the program you see corresponds correctly to the EPG entry.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up