INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTV File issues - JRiver will only record in JTV, not TS  (Read 4484 times)

tilly1615

• Recent member
WTV File issues - JRiver will only record in JTV, not TS
« on: January 11, 2014, 06:17:57 pm »

[Moved from the MC18 board]

I have a Silicon Dust HDHomerun CableCard tuner. In the last few months, I've been using Windows Media Center to record HDTV and SDTV files.  WMC records in WTV Format

I set up my tuners in JRiver successfully and set JRiver to record in TS format. Yet it still records in JTV chunk files.  

Why doesn't JRiver record in TS after setting the recording format in Options/Television.

Thx

JRF

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: WTV File issues - JRiver will only record in JTV, not TS
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 06:49:26 pm »

Hi,
I have a HDHome Run (DVB-T) model and it records in TS just fine (Tools --> Options --> Television --> Recording --> Format --> TS).  During Timeshiting, MC also records in JTV at the same time so you can record and watch at the same time but this should disappear after the recording is finished. 

The TS Recording should be a single TS file in the root of the folder you specified and the JTV in a subfolder.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

tilly1615

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:09:08 am »

Thanks Nathan.  I checked this out after a program has ended and I still only see the JTV format. don't see the .TS file.  I'm using 18.0.212

I am running this on a Laptop with Win 7 64 Home.  I closed JRiver before trying this and also shut down and restarted the laptop

Should I see the .TS file immediately after the recording finishes or is there some conversion time required?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 01:36:09 pm »

If you set MC to record in TS format, then the TS file should be in the folder of your choice when recording is done.

The only case in which MC will not record in TS format is when recording with some analog tuners.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tilly1615

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 10:08:16 pm »

I have a Silicon Dust Cable Card.  SD is a digital tuner yet I only get recordings in JTV.  And I did set the option to record to TS

Any other thoughts Yao?

Thx

JRF

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:40:11 am »

The title of this thread says "WTV File issues...", but I assume we are not dealing with Microsoft's wtv files.

Email me a log of problem recording it TS format.  yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tilly1615

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 01:20:34 pm »

Sorry Yao.

My mistake.  I will send you a log in the next day or two.  Also I will send you a log with silent WTV audio. 

Regards

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up