INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client side interfacing with Server side  (Read 1127 times)

baniels

• Junior Woodchuck
Client side interfacing with Server side
« on: January 13, 2014, 02:18:46 pm »

I have MC19 installed on my HTPC. So far I love it.

I have a second installation on my laptop. Because the server is new, I am doing a fair bit of tweaking to the library. I have found some difficulty in updating cover art for my files while working from the client side.

Example 1) [client side]
New movie is imported. The file name was wrong, so I perform right click - Get Movie and TV Info. I select the right movie - check both boxes. The meta data - descriptions, genre, etc are applied, but the new cover art is not applied.

Example 2) [client AND server side]
Right click -> Cover Art -> Add from file - browse and select. Nothing happens here. Nothing happens here even if I am doing this from the server.

Example 3) IF and only if, the movie already has cover art and I simply want to change it or load one with a better resolution, I can replace the jpg with another one, provided the filename is exactly the same.

Yes, I am using a password and auto syncing is enabled. The behaviors are the same whether I am on the local network or across the internet.

Another question - it appears as though some of the settings within the settings window follow whichever library I have loaded. At the very least the Theater View settings follow the library to which I am connected. It would be helpful to know which settings I can change on the server from the client side.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Client side interfacing with Server side
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 03:10:00 pm »

Sorry, but I don't think you can change cover art from a Library Server client.  Certain file based operations like this must be done on the server.

I can't repro your example #2 from server side.  I right click on a movie, select CoverArt / Add from file...   choose a jpg and it updates the cover art image Ok.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up