INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please help - track 1 of albums disappearing  (Read 3547 times)

marsupial

• Recent member
please help - track 1 of albums disappearing
« on: May 23, 2014, 06:35:11 pm »

Hey,

I'm glad I bought the JRiver player as it does everything I need, however lately I've been experiencing a frustrating problem.  My library seems to be deleting the first track of certain albums at random.  These tracks exist and are playable, and are not corrupted.  It happens most frequently with SACD ISO's.  I have found that if I delete the album from my library, and then try to re-add it, the album will not be added at all! 

It doesn't happen on just SACD's.  For example, every album from my B-52's collection has the first track missing, yet these tracks exist within the folders themselves, are not corrupted, and are playable!

Please, please help me!!!!

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: please help - track 1 of albums disappearing
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 02:12:38 am »

^

Are the rips from CDs having so called "hidden track zero" on them? MC recently had some changes related to such tracks / albums...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

marsupial

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 10:21:43 am »

Andrew thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you mean, as I've never heard of a hidden track 0.  If my problem was related to track 0's, is there a fix that I could try?

I was thinking of deleting my library and just remaking it , and hoping the missing track 1's are back.  Think this would work?

connersw

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 11:05:17 am »

Rather drastic in my opinion.  Do you have a View that shows all of your Files? 

If not, you can create one:
Right click on any Category in the left Window (ie Audio, Video, etc) -> Add Library View.
At the bottom of the pop-up, in Location, select (Root).
Scroll down on the pop-up window to the very last View, and select the last one: Empty View.
Name it whatever (ie All Files).
You now have a View that shows you all Files in your Library without any filters.

In this view, try searching for one of these missing Tracks using the Search box in the upper right.  Does it show up?

If it doesn't, it is not Imported.  In Windows Explorer, right click on it -> Media Center -> Import.
If it does, then we can start trouble shooting Tags to see why it is being filtered out of your Audio View.

marsupial

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 05:54:47 pm »

hey thanks for the reply.  I had the files view, and the missing track #1's do not show up.  I can use windows explorer to locate the files themselves.  For instance, I am trying to import track 1 from the B-52's self-titled first album.  I drag it to JRiver (I don't have the import function when I right click it), and nothing happens.  I cannot play the track with JRiver.  I get an error message saying "The media types of the selected files are not supported for playback. (<none>)."  The tracks play normally in other media players. 

I am sooo lost, and have no idea what to even try. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 06:47:30 pm »

The files may have been imported but not be where you think they are.  The metadata in the files may be wrong.  Try searching under Audio.  If you find them, you can edit the tags.

If you delete a file, MC won't import it again unless you set the option correctly.  Do a search in options (window at the bottom) for delete.

SACD's are a different animal.  Work on CD's you have ripped first.  Please include information on how they were ripped.  MC's ripping is as good as any.

connersw

Re: Re: please help - track 1 of albums disappearing
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »

In Windows Explorer, make sure you have the option enabled to show file extensions for known File Types. Do the Files have the correct file extension for what they are? Ie, if it is a FLAC file does it end in .flac, .mp3 for a MP3, etc.

marsupial

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 12:32:27 pm »

Hey,

I went into options under library, unchecked "ignore files previously removed by media center", and tried to re-import a Joao Gilberto SACD.  Still will not import!

In the B-52's folder, verified that track one is .flac.  Looked at the file tag using dbpoweramp, everything seems to be correct.  Can not find the file in any form within media center.  Cannot PLAY the track in media center, however I can play it using windows media player.  The files were ripped correctly.  Here is a copy of audiochecker.log

-=== DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE! ===-

Path: ...\[1979] B-52's, The - B-52's, The

01 -=- B-52's, The - B-52's, The - 01 - Planet Claire.flac -=- CDDA (100%)
02 -=- B-52's, The - B-52's, The - 02 - 52 Girls.flac -=- CDDA (100%)
03 -=- B-52's, The - B-52's, The - 03 - Dance This Mess Around.flac -=- CDDA (100%)
04 -=- B-52's, The - B-52's, The - 04 - Rock Lobster.flac -=- CDDA (100%)
05 -=- B-52's, The - B-52's, The - 05 - Lava.flac -=- CDDA (100%)
06 -=- B-52's, The - B-52's, The - 06 - There's a Moon in the Sky (Called the Moon).flac -=- CDDA (100%)
07 -=- B-52's, The - B-52's, The - 07 - Hero Worship.flac -=- CDDA (99%)
08 -=- B-52's, The - B-52's, The - 08 - 6060-842.flac -=- CDDA (100%)
09 -=- B-52's, The - B-52's, The - 09 - Downtown.flac -=- CDDA (100%)

I have no idea why I cannot re-import the Gilberto sacd.  I deleted it because the track 1 was missing, so I redownloaded it, and re extracted it to my library folder.  Now when I try to re-import it, nothing happens, even with unchecking the ignore previously deleted feature within options!

Is there any other suggestions to help with my ailing library?  Would deleting the library and rebuilding be a good option at this point?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 12:34:57 pm »

Create a Smartlist, and hit the Import/Export button.  Enter exactly:

~d=b

and OK your way out.  Do you see the files in the list?

You can also create a Smartlist the same way, but use:

~d=r

The first one shows you files MC considers "bad", the second is the database MC maintains about files you deleted from MC.  It is safe to delete files from this database to have MC re-import files.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

marsupial

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 03:00:20 pm »

Using the first smartlist, the missing track 1's are not there.  The only thing that shows up for the first smartlist is a bunch of .cue files.

The second smartlist shows nothing, however I still cannot import the Joao Gilberto sacd that I deleted!

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 06:11:15 pm »

it sounds like you are able to find the files in windows explorer.  right-click on track 1, then if you see "Media Center >" in that list, clicking on the > will give you a list of options, one of which is import, another is Play.  Try clicking on Play, and the file should start playing in Media Center.  You should then be able to see the file shown in the playing now window.  you should then be able to right-click the file in the playing now window, and select Import into Media Center there.

Also, if you do see the file in playing now in media center, you can check the tags in the tag window in the lower left corner.  Perhaps the tags are not correct, so instead of artist being Joao Gilberto, maybe it's something else.

If none of that works, I'm not sure what else to try.
pretend this is something funny

capfan

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 08:19:50 pm »

You mentioned that you have CUE files.  Have you tried an experiment where you try to import an album directory with the CUE file removed?  I've had issues in the past where the values in the CUE files continually overrode certain library or tag changes I tried to make.  In this case, in an album directory I had FLAC files for each album track plus a CUE file, which may be similar to your situation.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 08:39:37 pm »

Perhaps the cue files are incorrect, and don't properly show track 1. I believe they can be edited with a text editor, such as notepad++
pretend this is something funny

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 10:10:50 am »

Perhaps the cue files are incorrect, and don't properly show track 1. I believe they can be edited with a text editor, such as notepad++

Perhaps they have zero based indexing instead of one based indexing ...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

marsupial

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 04:31:17 pm »

Thanks for all the replies!  My problem is partially solved.  Going into options and enabling shell integration, I was able to right click the track 1 flac files that were missing, and correctly import them into my library.  It was a little tedious - a lot of right clicking - but my flac based library is now operating correctly.

Still no luck on the missing track 1's of SACD iso's, or re-importing the single Joao Gilberto sacd that I deleted from my library previously.  The right click method unfortunately does not seem to work with the sacd iso's : (

Pages: [1]   Go Up