INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver NAS and PSAudio PWD and the Bridge  (Read 2987 times)

johnab

JRiver NAS and PSAudio PWD and the Bridge
« on: January 16, 2014, 05:11:26 am »

Prior to starting this new topic I have been searching quite a lot regarding the following configuration that I am trying to make but I did not find the answer that I am looking for.
Forgive me for such a newb question but here it goes...
I am trying to find the best way to play a "Bit Perfect" musicc to the PWD Bridge.

I will try to be very specific as to what I currently I have or intend to have and I would appreciate your advice as to what should be the best setup. I consider of buying PSAudio PWD Perfect Wave DAC MKII and the bridge.

1.   I will have a computer dedicated to storing my files. It will have Windows Server 2012 installed on it. As you understand it is more than a simple NAS so I am able to be very flexible of any configuration to make out of it. The  NAS can be configured as simple file sharing: my music files therefore will be shared to my network form the Server 2012 simple file sharing.
2.   I have an unmanaged Gigabit switch connected to my ADSL router. The NAS will be directly connected with CAT 6 cable to the switch. My other computers are connected directly to the switch. I have a wireless antenna on the adsl router which I intend to use solely for the purpose of remote controlling the PWD. The NAS is in a different room than the stereo room, The room with the stereo have my computer, my ADSL router and my switch.
3.   I thought of buying the Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet to use as the remote control which has Windows 8.1 as an OS its a quad core ATOM processor with 2GB of RAM. It is a fully working Windows 8.1 on a small Tablet. http://www.dell.com/us/p/dell-venue-8-pro/pd
4.   I was intending of just installing the JRiver full application and set it up to play to the PWD bridge. Since I don’t have the PWD yet I wonder if it is possible to configure JRiver to play my library files on the NAS directly to the PWD, how is the PWD is actually been seen in Windows 8.1 Network? With this setup there is no need to remote control JRiver since it is installed directly on the Tablet.
    Are there any drawbacks to use this method of installing JRiver on the Tablet instead of installing it to my main computer and using WebGizmo to remote control it?  Will streaming using WIFI introduce too much latency.

Please note that I did not buy neither the NAS nor the Tablet yet, so I am very flexible if you would recommend of a different setup.

Looking forward to your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up