INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IR Blaster set-up problems  (Read 948 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
IR Blaster set-up problems
« on: January 17, 2014, 08:19:26 pm »

Every 2-3 months or so I go back to JRiver and see if I can use it instead of SageTV..JRiver is definitely getting better and better but not quite there yet for TV watching/ recording.  Everything else is JRiver...

PROBLEM IS:
I'M unable to learn codes without MCE installed in order to use a colossus card with a Satellite set-top box.

I could not get MCE IR Receiver to learn codes here's what I did:

I tried to configure the blaster with Windows Media Center (which I had uninstalled when I installed windows on my PC)
I reinstalled WMC, tried to configure the blaster with it and all of a sudden I could ALSO get JRiver to learn codes (Using 19.0.104)

While doing the set-up with JRiver I re-uninstalled WMC (add/remove Windows Programs in control panel) and it stopped working right away (it stopped detecting IR codes from my STB) again.

So there's obviously a dependancy to WMC which I could not find explained anywhere on the Wiki or in the forums...

Guys? Thank you

thanks.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IR Blaster set-up problems
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 10:58:02 am »

Just as an FYI. The Blaster does work after having done this.  I just can'T configure it without WMC:

1. Configured the blaster and learned codes in JRiver with Windows Media Center INSTALLED (which I had uninstalled when I installed windows on my PC)
2. While doing the set-up with JRiver I re-uninstalled WMC (add/remove Windows Programs in control panel) and it stopped working right away it would not detect IR codes again.

I just can't learn IR codes without Media Centre installed...
Last I tried was with latest version .104

BUT BLASTER WORKS ONCE CONFIGURED EVEN WITHOUT WMC INSTALLED.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thx!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up