INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, how to stream to Cambridge Stream Magic 6 [Working Now]  (Read 5456 times)

Horcki

• Recent member
Help, how to stream to Cambridge Stream Magic 6 [Working Now]
« on: January 16, 2014, 03:51:44 pm »

Hello,

I can't figure out how to stream music that is on a WD NAS in my home network to my Cambridge Stream Magic 6 using MC on my PC. Can anybody help me with the settings and the commands ?

THX

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help, how to stream to Cambridge Stream Magic 6
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 04:49:15 am »

Is the media on your WD NAS set up in its DLNA media server or is the NAS just a file server?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:32:46 am »

Is the media on your WD NAS set up in its DLNA media server or is the NAS just a file server?

And does the Cambridge unit show up in MC under "Players"?

If the music on the NAS appears in MC's list of albums, and the Cambridge unit appears in MC's list of players, then you just right click on the one and select "Play To" the other...

EDIT: if the files on your NAS don't yet show up in MC you need to do either one of the following (depending on your answer to csimon's question):

1) tell MC that the music library is on the file server on the NAS, or
2) let MC import the library from the DLNA server on the NAS (this also works, but is not really recommended, because of the double indirection involved)

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Horcki

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 11:37:41 am »

Sorry, I'm really a rookie.

WD NAS is set up as a DLNA server (I guess). MC can see all the music on the WD NAS.

But I don't see a list of players in MC. If I push play, my laptop starts playing. No "play to" anywhere.  I'm running the trial version, for the moment. Is that it ?

THX for helping me out.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 12:34:23 pm »

MC can see all the music on the WD NAS.

But I don't see a list of players in MC.

Ok.

So can you please give more detail about how you want to pass the music to the Cambridge? There are two ways of doing it, namely 1) via the UPnP / DLNA protocols (either by wired Ethernet cable or Wifi), or 2) via a direct physical digital connection between the PC and the Cambridge (either optical TosLink, coax SDPIF or USB cable). So what wires do you have plugged in the back of the Cambridge? And if you don't have any wires plugged in, then have you set up the Cambridge properly so it can talk to your wifi router?

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

Horcki

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 12:44:23 pm »

MS 6  is properly set up in my wireless home network. My PC is also connected wirelessly. WD NAS is connected to the router with an ethernet cable. MS 6 plays all files on the WD NAS just fine when I operate it from the device itself. I even succeeded to make my Android Galaxy work as a Control Point using BubbleUPnP App. So it is not a network configuration issue, I guess. I just don't see how I can run MS 6 using MC on my PC.

csimon

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 01:41:34 pm »

If bubbleupnp can see the Stream Magic as a Dlna renderer then MC should be able to as well. Doesn't it appear as a device under the Playing Now list?

Horcki

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 02:12:36 pm »

Nope.

Under "Playing Now" I see "Player" and "Playing from Main Library". There is no list of devices.

Under "Playing from Main Library", I can manage Libraries.

If I go to "Player", I will find the data of the music that is being plaid on my PC at the moment. I could rename "Player" in "Laptop" if I wanted.  But I cannot choose any other players or devices.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 04:20:51 pm »

Nope.

Under "Playing Now" I see "Player" and "Playing from Main Library". There is no list of devices.

Ok. Try let's it the other way round: in bubbleupnp can you see MC appearing as a player?

Horcki

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 05:08:08 pm »

The BubbleUPnP App on my Galaxy sees two renderes : the SM6 and a local renderer (itself). It sees libraries on WD NAS, on my laptop and on the Local Media Server (itself). It doesn't see my laptop or MC as a player.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 05:11:39 pm »

Is Media Network enabled? 

Horcki

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »

I Don't know. How can I enable "media network" ?

Horcki

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 05:28:54 pm »

I found out how to turn it on and it did the trick !! :D :D :D :D

THX to all of you, but especially JimH. I love you geeks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up