INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: license of trial version expired after 24 hours  (Read 2456 times)

napoleoninrags

• Recent member
license of trial version expired after 24 hours
« on: January 19, 2014, 12:29:46 pm »

Hi
I only downloaded Media Center 19 (MAC) for the first time for trial last week. I had several problems with it not importing (some) wav files, and with duplication, which I could only seem to resolve by uninstalling it and its associated files.
Unfortunately when I downloaded it a second time, the trial period was deemed to be over.
I applied for the trial extension and entered the extension code you sent, clicked extend trial, and nothing happened.
When I tried to restart Media Center, a message was displayed that the trial period had ended, and the "extend trial" button was no longer visible.
This is disappointing as, when it was functioning, it sounded good and I much preferred the interface compared to competing applications. However, it took the 24 hours to get to know and software and  the setup options so I had no chance to compare the sonic performance between alternative music sources, formats, up sampling etc
Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: license of trial version expired after 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 03:30:01 pm »

Check your system date.

napoleoninrags

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 06:42:41 am »

If by that you mean the date the macbook/OSX is registering as current on the calendar, it is fine. Top spec macbook pro, with all updates except Mavericks.

napoleoninrags

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:34:30 pm »

Oddly, after an OSX upgrade to Mavericks, JRiver Media Center trial version has started working again (offered me the continue button on launch). However, the original problem remains - failure to import wav files, despite all the boxes for audio file types being checked (inc wav). Since this is the form that the most of my large number of files is in, it’s an important issue for me to have resolved quickly. I’ll start another thread on this specifically.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:36:22 pm »

Try a search for the music.  It may have been imported already.

napoleoninrags

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 01:17:23 pm »

yes - some at least are there (possibly all) but they’re coming across as unassigned, both by album and by artist. So when the library is displayed, they are not found under the artwork or artist. So I can’t play an album in its entirety. Obviously don’t wart to search for each song (if I could even remember them). Do you have a fix for that?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 01:21:55 pm »

They have no tags, but you could tag them in MC.

You could also experiment with the Library Tool called Fill Properties from Filename.  Try a few before you do very many.

napoleoninrags

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 01:32:50 pm »

that sounds like a lot of effort, if I have to tag each individually and manually. Is this because MC19 for Mac is Alpha version? It hasn’t happened/been a problem with Pure Music or Audirvana +.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 01:44:38 pm »

I replied a possible reason in your other (similar) post.  WAV files do not support standardized tagging; so each vendor does their own thing.  I can't recall if iTunes writes tags to WAV files.  It may be that the other software reads the iTunes database.

You might be able to create an iTunes playlist and export it.  MC can be made to read it I believe (I know there was a bug with this, and I'm not sure if it is resolved yet, but you can try). 
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

napoleoninrags

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 02:40:37 pm »

OK thanks

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 02:53:20 pm »

You're welcome.

Rest assured, you can get the data as iTunes exports it into MC.  If it doesn't work currently with the Mac version, I'll do what I can to help you import the data.  Just let me know if you're struggling...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up