INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playback problem over DLNA  (Read 1431 times)

JessieD

Video playback problem over DLNA
« on: January 19, 2014, 04:16:11 pm »

I have my server on for jriver media center ver 19.0.67 on a Vista 64 bit operating system. I can play a movie over dlna many times and then for some reason I will start getting a corrupt file error. I also have a Windows 7 64 bit system which I use only the client and connect to the Vista server.

Today I got the file error on christmas story, which my wife loves and has watched off this file several times. I can't play the file using the client on the Vista machine or DLNA, but the file will play off the windows 7 client. I don't have a clue of what to do, the Vista machine says file is corrupt and yet the windows 7 client plays the file and it is going thru the Vista server to get the file.

I have rebooted the machine, and replaced the file with a good one, yet problem remains. I also had the same problem with jriver ver 18, but hadn't tried to address it until now, thought new version might fix. Other movies are playing on the Vista server just fine, just not Christmas Story.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Video playback problem over DLNA
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 04:18:46 pm »

The first thing you should do is update to the latest version (19.0.104) on both the client and server systems.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 04:27:09 pm »

I agree with MrC.  Keep any eye out for more new versions as there have been (and will be) updates to the video decoding librarys for both DNLA and native playback.

Anything special about this one movie.  What format is it?  Eg file type (MKV, BD, MP4), what is the Audio and Video (have a look at the "Compression" field in MC), and it's resolution.
JRiver CEO Elect

JessieD

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 10:14:38 pm »

Ok, it apears the reason I can't play my movie on the Vista JRiver client is an incompatible sound card. I'll have to order me a sound card now to fix that. Still have the issue of media going corrupt after working for a while on the DLNA device. The device which is having problems is a Sony Blueray player BDP BX59 (by the way this thing is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen). It is the main reason I purchased JRiver. Non of the other media server software would work with this thing. I also have a Sony PS3 and the movie fails on it as well. Will rebuild it and see if that will fix this movie. Still is strange to have a movie work fine for so long and then just go bad. Its not the only one or I wouldn't have posted this. So if anyone has any help for this piece of garbage please let me know.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 11:24:46 pm »

I'd recommend you read through the new Media Center Troubleshooting Guide.  Pay particular attention to the Disks and Locations section.  If files are actually being corrupted (and those files, once corrupted, are broken in all players), then I'd strongly recommend following all the guidance in the Troubleshooting Disks guide (including drivers and cable replacement).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JessieD

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:21:44 am »

Question is, if it is corrupt, why is it playing on the jriver media client side just fine but not on the dlna devices :-[

JessieD

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 06:53:53 pm »

You'l Love this ? Christmas Story started working on the DLNA Device and I didn't do anything. I was just checking other media to see if they were working and ran into it in the process, it worked ;D  My personal belief is JRiver media player may have some error occur and once it does, it keeps something in the media status and won't let it go except under certain situations. One being replacing the file, obviously.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up