INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Remote Access Issues on New CAPS Server  (Read 1243 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Remote Access Issues on New CAPS Server
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:44:13 am »

Offering up a helping hand:
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/JRiver-remote-access-issues-new-computer-audiophile-pocket-server-server-19039/
Hopefully I haven't missed this already posted here somewhere else..   ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

csimon

Re: J River Remote Access Issues on New CAPS Server
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:25:33 am »

I don't think the CAPS bit makes a difference!

But I think this is a generic problem with using Remote Desktop to access hardware that is local to the remote machine (IYSWIM).  The same issue occurs with secondary monitors on the remote PC - Remote Desktop doesn't see them.

I can't remember but there might be an option in the Remote Desktop settings to use USB devices from the host. There is definitely a setting to play audio locally or remotely but I'm not sure if that 's a red herring - the problem is that the session isn't seeing the USB DAC, but once it can see it then you direct output to it via JRiver (unless of course your settings are to send to the default Windows sound device).

What's confusing though is that it seems to work correctly initially but goes wrong when rebooted. How did he get it working correctly in the first place if it's headless and only accessible via Remote Desktop? And how does he reset it to find that the next reboot causes it to go wrong again?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Remote Access Issues on New CAPS Server
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:29:49 am »

The answer is in the first reply over at that board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up