INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get (Cover Art) From Internet… has been broken (is fixed now)  (Read 2002 times)

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Get (Cover Art) From Internet… has been broken (is fixed now)
« on: January 20, 2014, 03:48:29 am »

In 19.104 this feature only works for the first of all selected items.
All the others maintain their original Cover Art.

What never worked for me:
Selecting the original Cover (top of the list), then pressing the button "Save Cover Art" never ever applied the selected Cover Art (from the first file) to all other selected items!

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Get (Cover Art) From Internet… is broken
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 03:49:27 am »

This is already fixed in an upcoming build of MC19, please have a little bit more patience.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:09:54 am »

Thanks!

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:51:10 pm »

This is useful to read.  I came here to this forum just now to post that I don't think I understand how art works in JRiver.  I only seemed to be able to tag the first track from the Internet or with copy and paste. Further, nothing was embedding in the files themselves, so that, when accessed on other devices or platforms, they lacked cover art.   

Am I correct in understanding that a future build will write the image to the song file and that the Internet fetch will work for the whole album, not just the first tune?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 02:06:04 pm »

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 03:24:33 pm »

Fine, it is working again!

BUT: It is still not possible to update all selected items with the image that is the first in the list.
That means, if the first file contains the desired image already, you can't copy this image to the rest of the selected files.

This has never been working, but would be very desirable.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 03:59:17 pm »

This is useful to read.  I came here to this forum just now to post that I don't think I understand how art works in JRiver.  I only seemed to be able to tag the first track from the Internet or with copy and paste. Further, nothing was embedding in the files themselves, so that, when accessed on other devices or platforms, they lacked cover art.   

Am I correct in understanding that a future build will write the image to the song file and that the Internet fetch will work for the whole album, not just the first tune?

This depends on how you have cover art being stored.  See Cover Art.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 04:02:37 pm »

BUT: It is still not possible to update all selected items with the image that is the first in the list.
That means, if the first file contains the desired image already, you can't copy this image to the rest of the selected files.

Probably the cover art writer should be sure to update all the tracks with the selected item, or at least be sure all the Image File values are the same for the album.  Since MC doesn't maintain tracks as an album, it's internal album analyzer has to be invoked to perform album-like operations at times.  In this case, it may see that the first file already has an Image File field with a valid value, and stop processing at that point.  Generally users would not have your case, where only the first item has album art and the remain tracks do not have Image File set.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 04:31:26 pm »

Sure you can. I have done exactly that dozens/hundreds of times. 

However, there is a trick...make sure when you go to paste the cover art you are using an album based view and not a track based view.  Eg Audio > Album   or  Audio > Artist > Album.   And make sure to click (eg highlight) the album prior to clicking paste.  All tracks will have their cover art updated.

FastKayak / Larry

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 09:53:36 am »

I don't know if my scenario is so very unusual.

I use the standard Audio Panes View (ordered by Artist, Album and Track#).

Then i select all items of an album and choose "Get From Internet".
If there is a better cover than that of the first in the list, i select it and press "Save Cover Art".
All my selected items are filled with that cover - fine.

Only the first choice in the list (the cover which is currently stored in my first selected item) behaves different.
It doesn't fill the other items with it's cover. That doesn't seem logical to me.

I often have the case that the first entry is the best choice and i want to fill the rest of my selection just with that cover when there are differing covers in my selection (which often happens).
Then i have to exit the dialog, choose "Copy to clipboard first file" and then "Paste from clipboard" to achieve what i want.
A bit long-winded. And i don't know if picture quality is affected by my approach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up