INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building hackintosh to dual boot, curious about best options for MC  (Read 1990 times)

drivemusicnow

All of my music is currently on a somewhat dated macbook in itunes. I'm currently building a hackintosh and I'm looking to migrate over to JRiver MC, but I'm wondering what the pros and cons are of different installation options. This computer will be the almost exclusive source for home audio and media while also serving as my daily computer and workstation, so it would be ideal if I could easily access media from either side easily, and ideally, consistently in the same way.

Any suggestions?

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Building hackintosh to dual boot, curious about best options for MC
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:46:04 pm »

Audio only or Audio and Video? If the latter, then you should use the PC version of MC as video is not at the moment supported under Mac MC.
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

xluorp

• Recent member
Re: Building hackintosh to dual boot, curious about best options for MC
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 01:00:19 pm »

I am using a Hackintosh dual booting with Windows as well. I have both JRiver Mac and Windows versions.  My media files reside on a Synology NAS.  Both Mac and Windows versions seem to work fine this way. I hope they add video capabilities to the Mac version so I can dump Windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up