INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter19 Lockup - repeatable - rapid calls to MC19.exe  (Read 736 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
MediaCenter19 Lockup - repeatable - rapid calls to MC19.exe
« on: January 21, 2014, 02:46:44 pm »

I am running  19.0.108.  Very rarely, MediaCenter19 will lockup, the pgm is still running on my taskbar but it cannot be activated or closed by clicking on the taskbar.  I have to use the Task Manager to kill the "Media Center 19 *32" process and then restart the program.  This is not new to 19.0.108, it's been intermittently occurring for quite a while with v19.

I think I found what might be the trigger to cause a lockup.  Simultaneous or rapid MC19.exe calls.

My PC and homeautomation system will place calls to MC19.exe asynchronously from different processes based on events in my house (phone calls, remote control presses, doors opening, doorbell, ....).

Today I created a batch file with the following command:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC19.exe" /Command Pause

..repeating about 50 times, of course this is an extreme test case... it might not be the number of calls, but how close they are to each other, I don't know.  When MediaCenter locks up, it hangs on an MC19.exe command.  Once I kill "Media Center 19 *32 the batch file continues to run (although not doing anything since the pgm is not running)

If I kill the MC19.exe process... the next MC19.exe will hang again.

And about every 10 times running the batch file, MediaCenter19 will lock up as described above.

Please let me know if there is any other testing you'd like me to try to try and narrow this down.

Thanks

Previously I thought it might have something to do with
wget -q -O - http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?Zone=-1
but I can reproduce the lockup with rapid fire calls to MC19.exe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up