INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elgato Netstream Sat  (Read 2032 times)

Weedos123

• Junior Woodchuck
Elgato Netstream Sat
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:40:39 pm »

Hi

I have been lent an Elgato Netstream Sat TV tuner, which I'd like to get working in JRiver, has anybody succeeded in doing this as I can't find it mentioned in any previous threads?  I have downloaded the drivers for Windows Media Centre from the Elgato web site and installed them.  They install and start a service which Windows Media Centre finds and uses to connect to the device via ethernet. I have had it working in Media Centre, just to prove that it works, but can't find out how to get JRiver to recognise it properly. It appears as an "empty" DLNA library, but doesn't appear as a device under the TV Options.

Is this possible?
2012 i7 Mac Mini - Media Center for mac |
Debian Wheezy 64 bit - Media Center for linux| Exasound e28 DAC

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Elgato Netstream Sat
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 11:50:10 am »

I do not know.

Our television support is limited to:

1. Analog WDM devices
2. Digital bda devices
3. Digital CableCARD devices

If your device is in category 2, you should be able to see it listed in the Devices list. 

If it is in category 3, you need to turn on DLNA (Tools > Options > Media Network > Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA).  The device will appear in the list of Devices after you wait a short while.

If the device is neither of the above, it is not supported (as a TV device), but you can explore whether is can be used as a DLNA server.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Elgato Netstream Sat
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 02:59:14 pm »

I do not know.

Our television support is limited to:

1. Analog WDM devices
2. Digital bda devices
3. Digital CableCARD devices

If your device is in category 2, you should be able to see it listed in the Devices list. 

If it is in category 3, you need to turn on DLNA (Tools > Options > Media Network > Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA).  The device will appear in the list of Devices after you wait a short while.

If the device is neither of the above, it is not supported (as a TV device), but you can explore whether is can be used as a DLNA server.

From my reading, I'd expect compatibility with category 2 but the tech data doesn't confirm unequivocally:
http://img3.elgato.com/sites/default/files/product/eyetv/eyetv-netstream-sat/downloads/eyetv-netstream-sat-datasheet.pdf
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up