INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keep Audiogate from stripping filename commas when converting DFF to DSF files?  (Read 2801 times)

couchjr

• World Citizen

I realize that this is not strictly an MC issue, but it's related to what several posters here are doing, so I'm casting a wide net in seeking wisdom, including readers of this forum.

Out of caution to avoid clicks, I'm extracting a bunch of iso files using sacd_extract to dff and then converting the dff files to dsf using Audiogate for tagging via an mpl in MC. Sound is great. But most of these are classical, and Audiogate strips all commas from the track names (surprising how many there are--eg., "Quartet in A major, K. 123, 1. Allegro"). This means I have to manually replace the commas for every !@#$ track name, which takes forever. I presume the comma stripping means that Audiogate is using commas as a delimiter. My question is, does anyone know how (setting, rule script, etc.) one might change the character Audiogate uses as a delimiter to something rare like £ so that it won't strip commas from track names? The free (mandatory tweet) version of Audiogate offers no user support . . . . and I couldn't find anything useful in the online manual, though it suggests there may be a kind of rule to change delimiters for non-Roman alphabets (not clear whether it would apply and how to access it).

I've also posted this query on Computer Audiophile. Any solutions or referrals to knowledgeable parties would be most appreciated!

Thanks for any assistance!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

I replied in your other thread,  but will move the reply here...

You can change the commas to some other change entirely within MC if you need to.  Use the Rename, Move & Copy tool, and rename the folders and files by adding the expression:

replace(xxx, /,, _)

where xxx is your existing folder and file rules, and _ will be the replacement character.  Example:

replace([album artist (auto)]\[album], /,, _)
   replace([track #] - [name], /,, _)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

Apparently we'll have the conversation in the original thread.  I'm locking this one.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up