INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal Tags & Upgrading  (Read 789 times)

rhowland

• Recent member
Internal Tags & Upgrading
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:35:22 pm »

I've been a user of MC a long time, since version 12. I've just never really been an advanced user. I upgrade most things, when I'm kind of kicked to do so. For some reason @ MC version 16xxx I no longer seem to be able to store the tags within the file. (This may be since I've gone from Vista to  Windows 7.) So here's my easy question; If I put out the bucks to once again upgrade, will version 19.x.x. support and keep the tag information that is not in those files themselves but in the library? And if so, is there then an easy way to mass convert or change those files that have external tags to be updated to have that information once again be written within the file. These are MP3s.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Internal Tags & Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:08:37 pm »

All the MC versions should be able to update MP3 tags.  What tags in particular are not being updated, or is it all of the tags for a given file?  What are you doing to update tags?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rhowland

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:49:38 pm »

If I rip a disk and then look in the windows directory, I don't see any of the information at all except the filename. Disks/tracks I'd ripped years ago still have all that information displayed right in windows, not just MC. Also, if I take a file that I had recently ripped that does display information in MC (not in windows) and then make a copy of that file and import it into MC it then has no tag information shown in MC.  An old file copied or renamed will still have all that tag information.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:54:44 pm »

Before you rip the disc, do you see valid tags (e.g. album, artist, date, track numbers, track names)?

If so, those tags will be propagated to the ripped mp3 files, so long as you don't disable tag writing.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up