INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Feature Requests.  (Read 1497 times)

exodus1977

• Recent member
Two Feature Requests.
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:30:20 pm »

Hi- I've been a MC user for 8 years or so (hell, probably closer to 10). The current MC19 is phenomenal.

That said, I have two feature requests:

1. I really like the ability to right click on a column and have the "Column Alignment" menu show up. However, I've noticed that any alignment change is restricted to the specific view. (In other words, if I am in "Audio" view and change the "Disc#" alignment to center, and then move over to the "Playing Now" view, the "Disc#" alignment view (previously set to center) does not translate over to my "Playing Now" view). This may actually be a feature to some and I'm sure it is intentional. However, there are some columns which I would like to forever align to a certain position--be it center, left or right. Perhaps an option in the "Manage Library Fields" area wherein individual fields could have the alignment universally set?

2. A word dictionary or, alternatively, a word exclusion list. I've actually voiced this before so I apologize for re-posting it. Here is my issue: a TV show called "CIA Secrets" gets altered via the "Clean File Properties" function to "Cia Secrets".  The band "ACDC" gets turned into "Acdc". You get the point. The problem is that I really like the "Clean File Properties" but hate some of the outcomes. My proposed solution is to make a list of words or phrases that are excluded from the "Clean File Properties" function. Therefore, I would put in the list "CIA" and the "Clean File Properties" function would not change the original text to "Cia".

Thanks

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Two Feature Requests.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 03:51:15 pm »

1. I really like the ability to right click on a column and have the "Column Alignment" menu show up. However, I've noticed that any alignment change is restricted to the specific view. (In other words, if I am in "Audio" view and change the "Disc#" alignment to center, and then move over to the "Playing Now" view, the "Disc#" alignment view (previously set to center) does not translate over to my "Playing Now" view). This may actually be a feature to some and I'm sure it is intentional. However, there are some columns which I would like to forever align to a certain position--be it center, left or right. Perhaps an option in the "Manage Library Fields" area wherein individual fields could have the alignment universally set?

Once you make the change, you need to "save" it and then open it in the other views.

2. A word dictionary or, alternatively, a word exclusion list. I've actually voiced this before so I apologize for re-posting it. Here is my issue: a TV show called "CIA Secrets" gets altered via the "Clean File Properties" function to "Cia Secrets".  The band "ACDC" gets turned into "Acdc". You get the point. The problem is that I really like the "Clean File Properties" but hate some of the outcomes. My proposed solution is to make a list of words or phrases that are excluded from the "Clean File Properties" function. Therefore, I would put in the list "CIA" and the "Clean File Properties" function would not change the original text to "Cia".

+1

actually it would be good to have the ability to list a word (ignoring case) and what you'd like it changed to.  For example, in track names, I never use "Of" I like "of".  So if any case of "OF" is found, change it to "of".

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 04:51:55 pm »

Simple exclusion word lists don't work very well, because they don't have context.  What do you do with the two letters "us".  Should it be, in title case, "Us", or "US"?

That said, my pscriptor tool has a Title Case scriptlet (that is configured for Names, but can be amended) which uses an exclusion list to perform proper title case against any number of MC fields.  Maybe this would be useful to you.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

exodus1977

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 03:53:57 pm »

That pscriptor tool sounds interesting. Could you tell me more about it? Thanks.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 05:12:49 pm »

For example, in track names, I never use "Of" I like "of".  So if any case of "OF" is found, change it to "of".
Title case should be doing that already.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 05:37:15 pm »

That pscriptor tool sounds interesting. Could you tell me more about it? Thanks.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85990.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up