INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing new OS so need to save JRiver library  (Read 1846 times)

Cazzesman

• Recent member
Installing new OS so need to save JRiver library
« on: January 25, 2014, 03:06:51 am »

I currently run my JRiver 18 on a CAPS (Lagoon) stand alone audio PC via Windows 8.

I intended to reformat the PC and start again with Windows 2012 Server OS.

I have been backing up my music Library via the zip files.  If I save the latest zip file to usb and transfer the music I have on the SSD to an external HD for safe keeping, is that the best way to have it all ready for the JRiver reinstall??   

Once the W12S is up and running I reinstall JRiver, load the music files onto the SSD and Restore Library from the USB. 

Is that all I need to do or is there anything else I have forgotten.

Regards Cazzesman

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Installing new OS so need to save JRiver library
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:23:03 am »

You posted this under MC v. 17 forums ;). An admin can move it for you though.

In MC18, you can backup your MC library (which are not the media files but MC's database and settings) from the File Menu, choose library, backup library. Under Tools/Settings you can find the file/folder locations if you can't find where this file got saved so you can copy it to a USB drive or something.

You need to take care of backing up and restoring your Media files yourself. If you make sure the location of those files are the same after the restore, you won't have to change a thing after you restore MC's settings and library. Otherwise, you can use the Rename/Move/Copy tool to 'find and replace' the drive letter or path to your music files. Just ask if you need more help with this as its easy to mess this up.

Cazzesman

• Recent member
Re: Installing new OS so need to save JRiver library
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 05:02:19 am »

Thanks very much.

Sorry about the muck up with the post location.

Regards Cazzesman
Pages: [1]   Go Up