INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jriver mc installed on a nas?  (Read 2547 times)

rozo

jriver mc installed on a nas?
« on: January 25, 2014, 06:00:36 am »

Hello everybody out there.
For some two weeks i'm using jriver mc on my pc in combination with a streammagic and i like it very much. I intend to buy a NAS i.e a WD My cloud. The reason is that i don't like it that my pc is running all day. My question is:
Is it possible to install MC on that NAS for use with my streammagic without using my PC?

Gr. Rolf Zoutendijk

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: jriver mc installed on a nas?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:24:34 am »

Hello Rolf,

Welcome to the forums :).

Officially the answer is no and we should probably leave it at that  ;D.

Technically, it might be possible, depending if your NAS has x86 hardware and is running Linux to which you have root access to (ssh).

If you manage to somehow satisfy all MC's dependencies (see various Linux topics), MC might actually run in MediaServer mode.

There's a LOT of "mights" and "ifs", its not been done before as far as I'm aware and its highly experimental (and probably highly unlikely to work too :P).

And remember even if it works, it's audio only as MC for Linux does not yet support video.

It would be really cool though if it worked :).

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 12:08:31 pm »

Thinking about something similar and hoped to install it on a Synology nas, but currently evaluating a zotac zbox with win 8 in order to install MC and have it available 24/7 plus video features.
Pages: [1]   Go Up