INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lynx TWO B: Are Analog and Digital output in sync ?  (Read 1806 times)

notred

• Recent member
Lynx TWO B: Are Analog and Digital output in sync ?
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:29:19 am »

By any chance, would anybody know if I plug the digital output of the card on a synchroneous DAC, it will be in sync with the 6 analog output ?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Lynx TWO B: Are Analog and Digital output in sync ?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 09:38:51 am »

It should be since you will be using either AES3 or SPDIF. Both of these digital formats carry the clock information with the signal so the DAC should stay in sync with the Lynx.

I did some testing last night using two different DAC's and two different types of digital output (AES and MADI). To test for sync I used one DAC for the left channel and one DAC for the right channel and then played back some music. It was easily audible when the channels drifted apart.

I used two zones and linked the zones. Both DAC's I tested must have about the same latency because I didn't need to do an initial adjustment to the link timing. You may need to adjust the link timing first. Sometimes the DAC's would drift slightly during a song an other times they would drift only on song changes.

notred

• Recent member
Re: Lynx TWO B: Are Analog and Digital output in sync ?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 03:23:43 am »

Good to know, thank you for the feedback  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up