INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File conversion working in 19.103 ?  (Read 1435 times)

tasar

• World Citizen
File conversion working in 19.103 ?
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:32:44 pm »

Pulled downloaded flac Wav and AIFF files over from Finder. First, I believed these would be played "on the fly", wrong. Then did what appeared to be a good conversion from "tools". Meta Data and converted files loaded but playback was muted and slow. Is there a protocol I'm missing ?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: File conversion working in 19.103 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:05:31 am »

... but playback was muted and slow
What do you mean by that?  Are you saying the volume was lowered and the track played at reduced speed?  What format were they converted from and to?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:32:50 am »

Thanks John..... I went back and closed down ITunes and MC, then set my MIDI parameters for In/Out enabling my DAC. Next, I reloaded MC and sure enough, all files played perfect. I have read other comments where the 3rd party play software, Sunflower, is a bit of a mystery. While SUCCESSFULLY playing back files, I made note that MIDI changed input/output to Sunflower 2channel. Not sure if Sunflower is organic to JR, or if it was laid down by other players I have tried eg. Audirvana ? Anyway, now that Sunflower is channeling the audio, I was able to set the resolution to that of my DAC. Results are spectacular.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:18:36 am »

"Sunflower" isn't JRiver's.

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:01:15 am »

Ok, then does anyone out there know the origin of this application Sunflower ? If not JRiver then would MC default to another ? The only other option in the MIDI menu is the DAC and it functions well with ITunes and other players I've tried. When MC was initiated for play thru my DAC, MIDI automatically reset output to "Sunflower" (mystery), and without it's removal, I have no way of knowing if MC would function without it ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:21:32 am »

Ok, then does anyone out there know the origin of this application Sunflower ? If not JRiver then would MC default to another ? The only other option in the MIDI menu is the DAC and it functions well with ITunes and other players I've tried. When MC was initiated for play thru my DAC, MIDI automatically reset output to "Sunflower" (mystery), and without it's removal, I have no way of knowing if MC would function without it ?
Please try an Internet search.

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:33 am »

There are some Mac programs that would install this, such as Splashtop Streamer. It allows applications to pass audio to other applications.

If you wish to uninstall it, you could re download it, and the run the un installer and the reboot your Mac.

http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/

More details here:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic/how-to-uninstall-soundflower/
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 02:44:50 pm »

Thanks again for the "added value" comments BP.... Splashtop it was, and I had suspected Cyberduck. MIDI automatically defaulted to DAC output.
Pages: [1]   Go Up